Sign in to follow this  
TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

. I should pick up Spider-Man for £15, shouldn't I?

100% yes.

I completed Void Bastards and Steamworld Heist over Xmas - both good roguelike games. I've taken to just playing them on whatever difficulty is the most fun for me - usually Normal, but if I feel that I need to go down to Easy, I will. I play games to have fun, not to stress myself out. 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

Monkey ball on Switch is a bit of a disappointment. None of the party games have any great longevity, and I bought it solely for them; I don't have interest in the single player campaign.

Off the back of this, I am looking for some recommendations for good party games / multiplayer stuff on the Switch. Nothing co-operative - competitive only. Also, ideally not using tilt/motion control. Any hot tips?

Have you got Super Mario Party? I'd definitely recommend that. Cracking party game with tonnes of mini games. Some use tilt/motion control, but not many overall. 

OK cool. I read one review that said don't bother with it if you don't like tilt control. That's why I included that line in my post, actually! It's on sale atm so maybe I will pick it up now.

edit: watching some actual gameplay now and it looks like good fun!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

We got Mario Party last Christmas and play it at least once a month. The canoe mode is lots of fun if you can work as a team! 

9 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

PSN January sale looks alright. I should pick up Spider-Man for £15,

I did, guarantee I never play it. 

I’m forever buying games and not playing them, or playing them once and never again. Spider-Man on PS4 was great, though. I spent a fair bit of time on it (by my standards) and probably would’ve finished it if it wasn’t for the fact that I got it a couple of weeks before Red Dead 2 came out.

Anyone played Trover Saves the Universe? I got it on Christmas Eve but I’ve not played it yet because my PSVR (also got for Christmas) looks very blurry/fuzzy and I’m hoping to fix that first.

Edited by King Pitcos

22 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I’m forever buying games and not playing them, or playing them once and never again. Spider-Man on PS4 was great, though. I spent a fair bit of time on it (by my standards) and probably would’ve finished it if it wasn’t for the fact that I got it a couple of weeks before Red Dead 2 came out.

Anyone played Trover Saves the Universe? I got it on Christmas Eve but I’ve not played it yet because my PSVR (also got for Christmas) looks very blurry/fuzzy and I’m hoping to fix that first.

I was the same with SpiderMan - I was on course to 100% it, then got Red Dead. 

I've just finished Spider-Mon about 15 minutes ago. It's a fabulous game and the ending from the tail of the final battle to the credits is as brilliant and as invested in a story and characters in a game as I've ever been. 

It's great fun and even as a fan of only, and knowing little more, the 90's cartoon it doesn't leave me behind while giving what reading up appears to be nods and characters from more recent comic lore and stories. 

I'd love them to do a second, they have characters like goblin and venom not used so have plenty of good mileage for plying great characters in something just as engaging. 

Shocker will always be the man in the pineapple looking suit to me though...

67987978978.jpg

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

The canoe mode is lots of fun if you can work as a team! 

Alternatively, you can't work like a team and argue like fuck! I end up turning into Ross when he carried the sofa up the stairs in Friends. 

1-2-Switch is better than I thought it would be, but it's completely tilt/motion based. 

4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

...my PSVR (also got for Christmas) looks very blurry/fuzzy and I’m hoping to fix that first.

Have you tried any other PSVR headsets? I just ask because it really is quite blurry in general (especially if you're on a non-Pro PS4), so there's a chance what you're seeing is actually as good as it gets.

1 minute ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Have you tried any other PSVR headsets? I just ask because it really is quite blurry in general (especially if you're on a non-Pro PS4), so there's a chance what you're seeing is actually as good as it gets.

Ah, that was my fear. I haven't tried any others, I am on the OG PS4, and I've barely gone beyond the flat PS4 menu - the text was blurry enough that I thought there must be a fault. I was also struggling with camera positioning in my living room, I tried to play VR playroom and it kept asking me to fuck about to set up the positioning. Oh well, I'll just play Trover as is when I next get the time.

Got me a Switch Lite, memory card, Smash Brothers, Goose Game and 3 months of the membership thing for now. Also preordered Animal Crossing. Should occupy me for a while.

How do long term pre-orders like that work? Do they take the money there and then or closer to the actual release date? I often think less clued up customers will hop on the PS Store, see Cyber Punk and Last of Us 2 and be really disappointed when it take 20 months to download.

Immediate payment.

Not sure what the norm is but Sony automatically refunded South Park The Fractured But Whole pre orders after a delay (think there had been multiple delays by that point) and I'm guessing after getting the ok from Ubisoft still honoured the Stick of Truth remaster that was a pre order bonus.