WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I don't think so. The PS4 version will likely be patched up like Xbox are doing with their games but it isn't exactly clear to what extent at the moment. If it's not then it's a big plus for Xbox as they already offer upscale on old games and have backwards compatibility all the way back to og Xbox. Part of the selling point on next gen seems to around not having to buy games twice but it's Sony so who knows.

Maybe PS5 get's the super deluxe added multiplayer version but with over 100 million units in the wild that will have to available on PS4 too.

• Awards Moderator
50 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

not having to buy games twice but it's Sony so who knows.

The backwards compatibility sounds limited on PS5, at least in the beginning. 

New AAA releases drive up console sales. It's always been the way and I can't see this generation being any different. The largest two markets are kids who will be gifted games / save pocket money, and late teens / early twenties with disposable income for £99 'collector's edition' with a free Blue Peter badge. No need to provide anything for free where new things will be willingly paid for. 

They will absolutely invent reasons to buy exclusive next gen games but there'll definitely be a period of cross over. It's one of the more interesting features of next gen. Xbox have already said all first party games will be available on both consoles for the first year.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Odds on upgraded last of us 2 now launching with ps5? 

That's the theory. They're holding it over for the PS5. 

Great story, dated gameplay. I think once Joel and Elle bond the game really sucks you in to the story. Brilliant dlc too.

Also, am I a monster or (end game spoilers)

would anyone else do exactly what Joel does from the hospital onwards? I've heard a few takes where Joel comes out of it as the true villain because of his actions. Fuck that, if my kid /surrogate kid was Elle I'd do that shit too.