TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Ape Out is half price on Switch at the moment and there's also a demo available so you can try before you buy. Well worth the £6 odd they're charging.

Purchased based solely on your recommendation and the trailer! I'll blame you if it's shit.

Hadn't played it for about a year so I thought I'd have a quick blast on Elite Dangerous again to try and remember the controls and why I liked it.  "Quick", yeah right.  I'll just deliver this cargo to that system and recover a Black Box while I'm there, oh look, the actual sun is coming up and not the one in the game.

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hadn't played it for about a year so I thought I'd have a quick blast on Elite Dangerous again to try and remember the controls and why I liked it.  "Quick", yeah right.  I'll just deliver this cargo to that system and recover a Black Box while I'm there, oh look, the actual sun is coming up and not the one in the game.

This is why I'm scared to buy this game. 

43 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

How was Frogger still selling all the way through the 2000s?

Or Duck Hunt. Very odd.

Fucking American obsession with Myst. Dire. 

Don't know what's going on with Frogger there. Very strange. I'm pretty sure this chart is US sales only: Monster Hunter sold a kajillion copies, as did Final Fantasy VII. Fun to watch Minecraft out of nowhere crush everything though. 

Been playing lots of odd stuff over Christmas. The full range of Jackbox party games, particularly Mad Verse City where you battle rap against each other. Tremendous fun. I've been revisiting Star Wars Battlefront II, and boy is that ever the comeback kid. After being the most hated game ever on release the devs kept putting more and more content out there and now it's a really fleshed out and balanced game with lots of fun. 

Finally helped my daughter set up Labo Robot for Switch today. What a feat of engineering by Nintendo. A big pile of cardboard becomes a wonderful playground. Not sure how much replayability there is but it's fun. 

I love that most of the games like GTA/Call Of Duty and Mario are listed as separate games but Tetris is just seen as one game ignoring all of the various releases of the series, plus free to play games like Minecraft are included and Wii Play which was bundled with the console goes down as a sale.  

2000: The PS2 is released, “Fuck it lads Duck Hunt, Frogger and Tetris are on sale.”

Edited by TildeGuy~!

The chart is also clouded by pack-in mania. Who actually bought a copy of Duck Hunt? Wii Sports? 

12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Fortnite

Now that actually IS a free game (unless you pay for Save The World mode, which nobody cares about)

Hasn't Frogger had a million and one ports and remakes too? They could be putting all them as one.

And yeah, Minecraft certainly isn't free, I bought the Alpha like a decade ago?

Tetris is a bit like Triggers brush. I knew PUBG was massive in Asia but really surprised to see how high up it was. Must be including mobile games.