WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Microsoft are very late with their Games With Gold announcement for April. Obviously this will be, in some ways, due to Coronavirus but I wonder if they've been working on getting some really good games for their customers seeing as they're stuck at home. The GWG games have been mostly shit for a while now.

Side note- how obsessive are Daily Express in trying to get clicks for GWG announcements? Whenever I use Google to search for the latest announcement, there are loads of clickbait links to the Express, ultimately saying nothing because the announcements haven't been made yet.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Microsoft are very late with their Games With Gold announcement for April. Obviously this will be, in some ways, due to Coronavirus but I wonder if they've been working on getting some really good games for their customers seeing as they're stuck at home. The GWG games have been mostly shit for a while now.

They've not announced it, but Fable Anniversary and Project CARS 2 are already available for people in later timezones.

17 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Would you guy recommend a ps now subscription, or is it just junk they couldn't justify selling on it's own? 

I've just subbed to that as well, and I'm enjoying it. Red Dead was my first port of call, while I've enjoyed blasting fools in Doom.

At the price it is, I'll probably keep it going.

• Paid Members

Just finished Bioshock Infinite's DLC. Enjoyed it more than the game; even doing Episode 2 stealthy like was quite fun.

Still think it goes 1>2>3 for order, though.

I was also thinking that this might be the first DLC I've ever actually finished in a game. Don't usually buy it, but it came free with PS+

Daft question. I’m on a MacBook and I’ve enjoyed the free play of Football Manager and will buy it. I don’t have to buy it from their site do I? Or can I get it via Steam for cheaper? Also is it a case of I can get a game from Steam if it has the Apple logo? Ain’t got a clue about specs but my Mac is running the latest os. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, seph said:

Has GAME been in touch with anyone re: physical preorders yet?

I've not heard anything, unless it's gone into my junk mail. 

Picked up Final Fantasy 7 half price on Switch. It's keeping me occupied when I'm not spending far too much time on Animal Crossing. Never played it before. Well, I think I borrowed it from somebody once. 

On 3/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

They've crept up again price wise i've noticed since Christmas time.

Added to that, even getting a standalone console and getting games individually isn't much of a saving as the 2nd hand market for Switch games is mad; they hold their value something crazy.

Well, a week on for this, bloody hell.......

Don't know if they've stopped production or the supply chain has just hit few ripples due to corona virus but they appear to be sold out pretty  much everywhere and not much evidence when they expect to have more stock coming in.

As a result the 2nd hand market has went into silly season. Pal at work tested the waters and manged to shift his console (original box, 3rd party case and four half decent games) for £535 😮😮

Thought he was pulling my leg but from having a browse through Ebay he definitely wasn't. If you've got one sitting about not getting much use out of it then now could be the time to cash in.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

Hold on to them Switches! Pretty strong rumours of rereleases this year for Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy with a new Paper Mario coming too. Not sure what standard they'll be too but you'd imagine '64 will at least be up res'd.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Daft question. I’m on a MacBook and I’ve enjoyed the free play of Football Manager and will buy it. I don’t have to buy it from their site do I? Or can I get it via Steam for cheaper? Also is it a case of I can get a game from Steam if it has the Apple logo? Ain’t got a clue about specs but my Mac is running the latest os. 

You can buy a key from elsewhere. Try the fan sites like sortitoutsi.net(and a quick google will bring loads up). They often have the game cheaper then actual game sites.

edit:

Just had a quick look at these have it for £27.

https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/p/football-manager-2020-discount-steam-key.html

Edited by Cod Eye

53 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

You can buy a key from elsewhere. Try the fan sites like sortitoutsi.net(and a quick google will bring loads up). They often have the game cheaper then actual game sites.

edit:

Just had a quick look at these have it for £27.

https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/p/football-manager-2020-discount-steam-key.html

Thanks, lovely!

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Hold on to them Switches! Pretty strong rumours of rereleases this year for Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy

R0pJH.gif.eb7a5126bf8ebcd928f676593f62d517.gif

Fuck yes. I'm aching to play through the Galaxy games again. They were ace.