WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Dug out assassins creed odyssey  a game i started but got side tracked and never really got into. I will attempt to give it more of a chance this time round. 

I started playing this the other day, it's really good. Apart from the shitty cutscene at the beginning (does anyone really care about the Animus shite?) and the viewpoints, it's so far removed from the Assassin's Creed games- which was much needed. The way your level determines which weapons, missions and bosses you can access/realistically challenge make this game more reminiscent of The Witcher.

2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Finished days gone a few days back. no idea why it got such bad reviews. I loved it great action, great story right learning curve. 

Dug out assassins creed odyssey  a game i started but got side tracked and never really got into. I will attempt to give it more of a chance this time round. 

The 200plus horde mission is a whole lot of fun! 

They put an upscaled Doom 64 on Steam for a fiver, with controller support. It's fucking fabulous. The support for a modern control scheme has it pip the PS1 version slightly as the best Doom game ever, I think. The atmosphere is still top notch and the maps play great. Get on it! 

33 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Does it have Aubrey's original soundtrack? I might pick it up on Switch as I have a few "coins" on there.

Aye, full spooky ambient goodness. 

Awesome.

Speaking of Doom, Eternal looks like everything I don't want from a Doom game and I'm already starting to see a huge u-turn on the praise it was given day one. In a few years this'll be the least fondly remembered game to score around 90 on Metacritic.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Awesome.

Speaking of Doom, Eternal looks like everything I don't want from a Doom game and I'm already starting to see a huge u-turn on the praise it was given day one. In a few years this'll be the least fondly remembered game to score around 90 on Metacritic.

The jumping puzzles are a bit odd and out of place, and I find the Slayer a bit of a sap compared to how he was characterised in the last game. But I think the combat is still good fun. I'm not too far in yet though. What are people saying is bad about it?

27 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The jumping puzzles are a bit odd and out of place, and I find the Slayer a bit of a sap compared to how he was characterised in the last game. But I think the combat is still good fun. I'm not too far in yet though. What are people saying is bad about it?

A lot of it seems to be because of the overall tone of the game, the Slayer as you mentioned and small things like rip & tear losing viscerality. It just feels off and the level design unfinished as there's a lot of times where you can be killed for going "off map". There's supposedly a boss that's pissed a lot of people off, it stops the gameplay dead in it's tracks and isn't fun at all.

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

A lot of it seems to be because of the overall tone of the game, the Slayer as you mentioned and small things like rip & tear losing viscerality. It just feels off and the level design unfinished as there's a lot of times where you can be killed for going "off map". There's supposedly a boss that's pissed a lot of people off, it stops the gameplay dead in it's tracks and isn't fun at all.

Is it the Marauder, by any chance? I very nearly tapped out when he turned up. Unfortunately, you get the pleasure of fighting a fair few of them during the second half of the game, and every single time is an absolute chore of the highest order. 

Depends on your library. I've never dabbled because I can't justify the spend when I already buy games quicker than I'm playing through them but if you have the time and the gaps in your library it doesn't seem the worst value. 

I will use up my free trial plus a months sub one day just to play Red Dead.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Would you guy recommend a ps now subscription, or is it just junk they couldn't justify selling on it's own? 

Recently they've had some pretty good games. I heard April's will be Uncharted 4. If you get it soon the current games are Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces and you can keep them for as long as your subscription lasts.

Edit - sorry this is Playstation Plus.

Edited by Weezenal

1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

Recently they've had some pretty good games. I heard April's will be Uncharted 4. If you get it soon the current games are Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces and you can keep them for as long as your subscription lasts.

That's PS Plus. PS Now is the streaming service. 

I've had it for 3 months and it has allowed me to play games I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with. I'm really only interested in big titles these days, so I only buy games a couple of times a year. I bought PS Now for £38 for a year's subscription, and there's a ton of games to fill the void. Loads I've played and have enjoyed replaying, some new I'd not bothered with, and an absolute shit load of fluff that can be fun on coach co-op. I've even got my wife to play some. 

I'd say it's worth the money, but don't expect huge titles to appear. I they had GTA V on it last year, but the likes of RDR2 won't appear for a good few years yet.