WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Gone from light 970 something to 1001 in about a week in Destiny 2.

Also got The Last Word, Levithans Breath, The Fourth Horseman, Sleeper Simulant and Bad Juju exotics. Been a grand run.

Are you on PS4 or Xbox?

7 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I'm working through the Bioshocks at the moment. I had Bioshock 1 on PS3 but never finished it, I'm around the same place I dropped it. But I find it really dull. The gameplay is spammy, run in with a plasmid, follow up with a weapon. The setting is very cool but I find the art style repulsive, all Bisley esque bloated features. 

Poor spiritual successor to System Shock. 

Usually relent at calling a critically acclaimed series overrated if it's just not for me, but Bioshock is completely overrated. Especially when you consider that the first one started this "Are videogames art?" narrative in magazines like Edge and Games TM at the time. Regardless of their validity as an art form it's weird that a very good special abilities shooter spearheaded the discussion because it had an art deco theme and a bit of shoo-shoopee-doo music in it. But you don't really get the full plot without listening to tapes as you walk around! It's old timey! 

Perhaps people were just dying to have that art discussion anyway, and Bioshock was the excuse. You've also got the developer pedigree and the fact that a first person game that wasn't military skinned or Halo at the time was automatically a source of intrigue. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Was thinking over the last few days, with the current situation and everything, and further more with tonight's new from the PM of floating an idea for some sort of UKFF game swop shop style thing?

Everyone could put up a list of the games they have on their respective format and if you see something you fancy from their list and vice-versa you could request a trade.

Obviously would rely on a fair bit of goodwill and honesty but it think it would work quite well; you could put a post on from each person acknowledging when they had received the game at their side so it was kept transparent and somewhat audited just incase there were any bad apples.

Thoughts?

• Paid Members

The Doom Eternal hype has made me download the PS1 version, which will form the basis of today’s isolation entertainment.

Although the PC music is iconic and obviously brilliant, I’d definitely recommend you give the PS1 version a crack if you’ve never experienced it before purely because of the sound design. It’s much, much creepier and scarier because of the absence of the usual music, having a much creepier background score, better monster noises, gun blasts, the lot. Graphically there are a few subtle changes, taking out some of the space-station style settings and replacing them with a sort of gothic style, which also adds to the theme. 

9 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

2 hours in to Animal Crossing and I'm already suffering from fishing anxiety.

"It's gonna bite this time, this time, its gonna bite, this time, no. This time, though, it'll bite this time, no. This time, shit, I missed it!"

Made worse that you have to get 10 in a row to earn that sweet sweet skrilla.

I paid my fees off yesterday so should have my house ready today and hopefully my sweet new electric scooter should arrive.  It's anxiety busting.

• Paid Members

Still plenty to keep me busy in Animal Crossing. I've stuck somebody's house up a cliff, and I have an awful feeling she's going to be a bit lonely when they arrive. At least until our community reaches the point that we can build ramps. In the meantime she's going to have to make do with me shinning up and down my ladder to visit. It's the character based on the old lady that played a shed load of New Leaf, so I'm pretending she'll be isolating. 

@MrDanger I managed to get up to 40 catches in a row, and now I've suddenly gotten really bad at fishing. If I manage 50 I get the next lot of Nook Miles. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Alright hive mind.   I want to buy a Switch, Mario Kart and Zelda.  

Having trouble, understandably, finding somewhere with stock that’s not way too expensive.

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Having trouble, understandably, finding somewhere with stock that’s not way too expensive.

They've crept up again price wise i've noticed since Christmas time.

Added to that, even getting a standalone console and getting games individually isn't much of a saving as the 2nd hand market for Switch games is mad; they hold their value something crazy.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Are you isolating or can you get to a big Asda or Tesco or Sainsbury's and slip one in your bread and milk shop? Otherwise maybe try and add one to your online shop. Ebay sellers will still probably chance it but as for specific offers I reckon availability will hamper your chances with warehouses shutting down, supply and demand etc.

There was a cracking offer on Virgin last week where you get the unlimited super fast broadband, the tv package minus sports and movies and a Switch with Animal Crossing for £35 a month. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

On 3/22/2020 at 11:24 PM, Lorne Malvo said:

Anyone played COD: Warzone? I've not played a Call of Duty game since the original Modern Warfare but saw Warzone was free-to-play and thought I'd give it a go.

I'm shit. Every other player just seems faster, has better aim and knows what they're doing whereas I'm running around like a headless chicken getting sniped everytime I pop my head out a door.

The best I've done is come 27th and that was only because I nicked a jeep and sped off everytime there was a bit of trouble. 

Yes mate. You are not alone with thinkingoke that. It's a wee bit skewed in that whilst it is indeed free (which is great) the people who have had the full game since late 2019 carry over all their XP and perks etc.

Whilst it doesn't really affect the initial drop and loots - same basic guns for everyone - it is a big disadvantage when the load out drops come and these guys are pulling out the equivalent of the gun OJ Simpson has in Naked Gun 2 due to them levelling up and unlocking them from thebase game.......sniper rifles with crazy scopes and assault rifles with thermal vision etc etc whilst you are left with the equivalent of a water pistol by comparison 👀

You really need three guys on a team all on the same wave length whobare co-operating and, ideally, all mic'd up communicating via headset.

One really good bit of advice i've had and been using is to put a marker down to land awaaaaaay on the outskirts onto one of the yellow magnifying glass icons and do that contract; it'll make you pick up 3 or 4 boxes in relative close proximity which gets you off on a decent footing with some half decent weapons and (usually) quiet enough to fins your feet and get your bearings without landing immediately into a total cluster fuck and being killed within 30 seconds. You can then gradually plot your way back into the middle circles as the game goes on, slow & steady. Had three wins so far using this method.

I'm not particularly good but always looking for folk to play alongside, used to play a regular 4ball on blackout with a bunch of pals but since it's now teams of three i'm always the last one to come online and they are already away in a game 🙄

Xbox Live ID: Kozma10

Activision ID if added on ps4 / pc is: Clarky666

Feel free to add me

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

Played Warzone for the first time last night, was doing well got a few kills, got down to the last 10 and then the server disconnected.

Other then that though I just scavenge what I can on the game and hope my team mates can help me through it, most of the time they die straight away and that leaves it up to me to hide for 30mins and hope I don’t get spotted.