WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

SKY in conjunction with Codemasters are broadcasting a stream sim of the Bharain race. Thanks to Covid 19 the real race has been cancelled.

There are a mixture of F1 drivers and broadcasters taking part in  the race.

It's also on Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports Mix.

Anyone watching? 

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

Anyone played COD: Warzone? I've not played a Call of Duty game since the original Modern Warfare but saw Warzone was free-to-play and thought I'd give it a go.

I'm shit. Every other player just seems faster, has better aim and knows what they're doing whereas I'm running around like a headless chicken getting sniped everytime I pop my head out a door.

The best I've done is come 27th and that was only because I nicked a jeep and sped off everytime there was a bit of trouble. 

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'm shit. Every other player just seems faster

The relentless march of age I'm sorry to say. Younger players have much more time than the rest of us to get good. 

31 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Even if you only get one kill all game, remember to teabag immediately after, it willy add to the satisfaction 

Somewhere Freud is smiling.

Faced with the choice of trying something new between Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing this past weekend. On one hand Doom will make my head spin and I'd surely only manage one hour a session. On the other hand Animal Crossing is a baby ass baby game for pussyo's. Needless to say I've been shaking trees and ripping up bush (one for the out of context thread).

Tom Nook is a capitalist cunt.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Faced with the choice of trying something new between Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing this past weekend. On one hand Doom will make my head spin and I'd surely only manage one hour a session. On the other hand Animal Crossing is a baby ass baby game for pussyo's. Needless to say I've been shaking trees and ripping up bush (one for the out of context thread).

Tom Nook is a capitalist cunt.

I love how they're calling Tom Nook "fearless leader" as though he has some kind of despotic hold over the island. You're the only one that really has any effect over the economy on that island, though. If you strike, nothing gets done. You are the one with all the power. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

I've also got to the Stardust Zone on Sonic Mania and tbh the novelty wore off a while ago. It's a great Sonic game but the bar is low. The eternal problem for me with Sonic is that it's a game that encourages you to go faster but rewards you for going slower and if you do go slower it's boring as fuck. I was always a Sonic kid but I've got way more time for his plump Italian rival.

• Paid Members

I can't remember where I'm up to, but I've got 5 saves on the go (got Plus, one for each character). Also got a Knuckles play through going on with Switch Sonic 2. Although Animal Crossing is dominating my gaming time at the moment. The museum is brilliant. 

Sonic Mania has some brilliant moments (that "boss fight" in the Chemical Plant Zone, principally), but overall I felt let down. The time limit doesn't reflect the size and difficulty of some of the levels, especially when - as mentioned - exploration is usually to be encouraged. And the requirement to restart Act 1 if you lose all your lives in Act 2 is hugely dispiriting in the modern era. Also the special stage for chaos emeralds is shit.

It's still the best Sonic game in many years and I'd like to see a sequel, but hope these shortcomings would be addressed so that it lives up to its potential.

• Awards Moderator
58 minutes ago, Nexus said:

I've been playing Bioshock Infinite (having finished Bioshock and Bioshock 2 earlier this year). 

I'm working through the Bioshocks at the moment. I had Bioshock 1 on PS3 but never finished it, I'm around the same place I dropped it. But I find it really dull. The gameplay is spammy, run in with a plasmid, follow up with a weapon. The setting is very cool but I find the art style repulsive, all Bisley esque bloated features. 

Poor spiritual successor to System Shock. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

On one hand Doom will make my head spin and I'd surely only manage one hour a session.

You would be correct. The pace is deliberately frenetic, to the point that it forces you into a routine of weapon-zoom-melee-retreat with no time to cough, shit or fart. And that's on the 2nd-easiest difficulty. The first proper boss fight

in Mission 4 forces you to stick to exploiting weak points like glue, then was all "You just about beat him? good. HERE'S TWO MORE OF HIM AHAHAHHAHA".

On the upside it stays on the 'fun' level of difficult, It looks gorgeous in 4K (especially when you control the colour saturation - WHY DO SO FEW GAMES DO THIS?), Doomguy doesn't take himself *too* seriously if you look in the right places for humour, and the soundtrack so far has the right amount of homages to previous entries - the menu music is a reworked Icon of Sin, for just one. There's even a Markiplier easter egg. Bless.

(Sorry for the spoiler)

Edited by seph
Spoilers :(