WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I've just finished Spider-Mon about 15 minutes ago. It's a fabulous game and the ending from the tail of the final battle to the credits is as brilliant and as invested in a story and characters in a game as I've ever been. 

It's great fun and even as a fan of only, and knowing little more, the 90's cartoon it doesn't leave me behind while giving what reading up appears to be nods and characters from more recent comic lore and stories. 

I'd love them to do a second, they have characters like goblin and venom not used so have plenty of good mileage for plying great characters in something just as engaging. 

Shocker will always be the man in the pineapple looking suit to me though...

67987978978.jpg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

The canoe mode is lots of fun if you can work as a team! 

Alternatively, you can't work like a team and argue like fuck! I end up turning into Ross when he carried the sofa up the stairs in Friends. 

1-2-Switch is better than I thought it would be, but it's completely tilt/motion based. 

4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

...my PSVR (also got for Christmas) looks very blurry/fuzzy and I’m hoping to fix that first.

Have you tried any other PSVR headsets? I just ask because it really is quite blurry in general (especially if you're on a non-Pro PS4), so there's a chance what you're seeing is actually as good as it gets.

1 minute ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Have you tried any other PSVR headsets? I just ask because it really is quite blurry in general (especially if you're on a non-Pro PS4), so there's a chance what you're seeing is actually as good as it gets.

Ah, that was my fear. I haven't tried any others, I am on the OG PS4, and I've barely gone beyond the flat PS4 menu - the text was blurry enough that I thought there must be a fault. I was also struggling with camera positioning in my living room, I tried to play VR playroom and it kept asking me to fuck about to set up the positioning. Oh well, I'll just play Trover as is when I next get the time.

• Paid Members

Got me a Switch Lite, memory card, Smash Brothers, Goose Game and 3 months of the membership thing for now. Also preordered Animal Crossing. Should occupy me for a while.

How do long term pre-orders like that work? Do they take the money there and then or closer to the actual release date? I often think less clued up customers will hop on the PS Store, see Cyber Punk and Last of Us 2 and be really disappointed when it take 20 months to download.

Immediate payment.

Not sure what the norm is but Sony automatically refunded South Park The Fractured But Whole pre orders after a delay (think there had been multiple delays by that point) and I'm guessing after getting the ok from Ubisoft still honoured the Stick of Truth remaster that was a pre order bonus.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

How do long term pre-orders like that work? Do they take the money there and then or closer to the actual release date? I often think less clued up customers will hop on the PS Store, see Cyber Punk and Last of Us 2 and be really disappointed when it take 20 months to download.

I paid a fiver, then will pay the rest when I go to pick the game up in March. 

• Paid Members
On 1/4/2020 at 2:25 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Off the back of this, I am looking for some recommendations for good party games / multiplayer stuff on the Switch. Nothing co-operative - competitive only. Also, ideally not using tilt/motion control. Any hot tips?

Edit im a fool

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

I've read it's been removed today but I've really enjoyed dicking about in the snow over Xmas on Red Dead and having a crack at the Moonshining. I mentioned before I've been playing it with my misses and she has really gotten into it it. She started off struggling to walk whilst moving the camera, but these days I smile with glee as she navigates the weapon wheel and hops in and out of the menus like she's been playing it for years. 

Plus I really hate the collector role but she loves it, so having her do all of that leg work really helps. 

Best game ever. 

On 1/4/2020 at 2:25 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Off the back of this, I am looking for some recommendations for good party games / multiplayer stuff on the Switch. Nothing co-operative - competitive only. Also, ideally not using tilt/motion control. Any hot tips?

A selection I’ve enjoyed:

- TowerFall Ascension

- Super Smash Bros

- Tetris 99

- Jackbox Party Pack 1-6

- Crystal Crisis (basically a Super Puzzle Fighter clone)

- Ultimate Chicken Horse (you make levels and battle to try not to die, gradually making them harder)

- Snipperclips

- PuyoPuyo Tetris

- Super Mario Party

- Crash Team Racing

If you get an online subscription there are loads of free classic Nes and SNES games that fit the bill too.