TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

I was wondering  whether they'd do a  "pro" console version as well which is like a docked version with real controllers.

They moved Animal Crossing back because they appear to not want to "crunch" their programmers. Hopefully it won't be too much like the mobile version. I tend to only really use the Wii U's tablet rather than through the TV.

There was already talk about the Switch getting an upgrade with a new Tegra chip too, it's also matched with more RAM so if there is a "Pro" I'd guess that it'll run smoother with better load times.

The rumour mill for months has been that two new versions were on the way. A cheaper entry level system and an upgraded "pro" version. Seems an obvious move based on the history of the 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, New 3DS, New 3DS XL, New 2DS etc.

A Switch Lite bundle with Pokémon Sword/Shield is going to be massive this Christmas. No doubt about that.

I actually want one even though I have a switch, numerous joycons and a pro controller already. What an IDIOT I am.

Based on it's success in the Top 50 chart I managed to wrest the Switch away from my son so I can have a go through Breath of the Wild, finally.

I'm not quite off the Grand Plateau or whatever it's called yet, but it's bloody hard for a Zelda game at first isn't it? I must've died a dozen times already. And the lack of handholding is... unnverving. I don't dislike it, but it has a slightly grumpy edge to it that you're dumped in a world with not a lot of guidance.

I'm not giving up, but it's a shock to the system after years of heavily curated Zelda experiences.

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I'm not quite off the Grand Plateau or whatever it's called yet, but it's bloody hard for a Zelda game at first isn't it? I must've died a dozen times already. And the lack of handholding is... unnverving. I don't dislike it, but it has a slightly grumpy edge to it that you're dumped in a world with not a lot of guidance.

I'm not giving up, but it's a shock to the system after years of heavily curated Zelda experiences.

I've watching the missus play through the game and she echos these thoughts. There's not much in terms of tutorials and teaching you the mechanics, it's pretty much a trial by fire. She's died plenty of times due to the hard nature of the game but I think it's a lot more organic that way. Reminds me of Binding Of Issac where it's up to the player to figure out how the world works.

24 shrines left to find and just under half the side missions left. 120 hours deep. Full stamina wheels. That silver bloody Lynel is still the hardest thing on the game if you dont take the easy way out.

It's comparative to where you are in the game power and ability wise. So the more powerful you are the harder enemies are. I find the Lynels much harder than Ganon but at the same time one powered up strike will take out most Talus' and Giants.

I spent ages throwing bombs at the ore deposits on Stone Talos' backs only for my 7yo son to say 'why don't you just climb on top of them and attack the ore with your sword like I do?'. Little shit.

Ok so now the world's opened up it's altogether more friendly. Lots of space to run around in, people to talk to, merchants to barter with, horses to tame. That introductory section is so prickly, I wonder how many have been put off by it? 

18 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Ok so now the world's opened up it's altogether more friendly. Lots of space to run around in, people to talk to, merchants to barter with, horses to tame. That introductory section is so prickly, I wonder how many have been put off by it? 

I can’t say the intro put me off or struck me particularly unfair. I got killed quite a lot by Guardians but that just taught me they weren’t to be messed with so early on.

The people who I've heard saying they couldn't get in to it on Podcasts etc usually say they tapped out before leaving the Great Plateau. I'm the same with Bloodborne, at least Zelda doesn't have me waking my girlfriend up because the big dog is eating me.

Any good non spoilery tutorials around for Bloodborne? I watched someone speed running it the other day and I really want to get in to it but it's so bloody inaccessible for a shitarse like me. 

I've downloaded the freebie on Games With Gold, it's from the makers of Limbo, which had fans on here, called Inside.  Anyone played it?