WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

28 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Thanks for all the help peeps, haven't actually played a game yet, been installing and updating stuff most of the day, and ive just eaten so much that i am probably going to hurl like peter on family guy, so i think i will start a fresh tomorrow with some rdr2 

Edit, i got a game pass trial with my console for 1 month, can i still buy and redeem this?

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/3-month-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-xbox-one-pc

family guy vomit GIF

You can definitely ‘stack’ subscriptions for Game Pass, but I’ve no idea how it treats free trials. I’d guess that you’d be OK but I can’t definitively say that.

I'm playing through Prey again (the Arkane game) after my old PC copy bugged out on me, it's not perfect but I love this style of first person game.

I think the cool people call them Immersive Sims, basically smaller open worlds you can play through in a multiple of styles and often a big emphasis on narrative. Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be the new big daddy of them, hopefully, even if CDPR are a tad scummy at times.

12 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Anyone played Days Gone? I'm loving it at the moment... The moment you meet your first horde... 

I bought Days Gone despite the lukewarm response and I have to say I thought a lot of the critics were massively unfair on it. It had some technical issues (dodgy framerate, sound didn't synch up with animation giving a badly dubbed movie effect etc.) but the majority were patched within a few days.

As far as big PS4 exclusives go it was obviously going to get compared to God of War, Spider-Man and Uncharted 4 which is a pretty high standard to expect. I thought the game itself was really enjoyable on its own merits. I'm lucky if I get an hour of gaming a few nights per week and I tend to get bored and move on from longer games without completing them.I ended up finishing Days Gone though so that's something.

29 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

I bought Days Gone despite the lukewarm response and I have to say I thought a lot of the critics were massively unfair on it. It had some technical issues (dodgy framerate, sound didn't synch up with animation giving a badly dubbed movie effect etc.) but the majority were patched within a few days.

As far as big PS4 exclusives go it was obviously going to get compared to God of War, Spider-Man and Uncharted 4 which is a pretty high standard to expect. I thought the game itself was really enjoyable on its own merits. I'm lucky if I get an hour of gaming a few nights per week and I tend to get bored and move on from longer games without completing them.I ended up finishing Days Gone though so that's something.

I have dropped frame rates quite a bit.. Tends to be when it snows...  Although thankfully not when I'm trying to kill the hordes! 

I thought a lot of the complaints about Days gone were typical things a critic would complain about due to the way they'd have to play it. Repetition wouldn't bother me who would play it over a couple of months but i imagine doing a 40 hour gane in a week would definitely enhance the repetitiveness. Game bugs will always get patched after the reviews. I'm happy to wait and buy a cheaper working copy.

• Paid Members

I'm having a much better time of playing Borderlands than I was as last time around. I still think I'd be doing even better with a keyboard and mouse on pc, but I'm actually paying better attention to the skill trees and playing the characters to match with the builds I'm working on. I'm playing as all 4, and trying to keep their progress through the game kind of balanced so if I had somebody around who fancied some split screen co-op there'd be no huge level gap. Next up is seeing whether I can convince my nephew and/or father in law whether they'd fancy playing through Borderlands 2/TPS on PS4. 

5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm having a much better time of playing Borderlands than I was as last time around. I still think I'd be doing even better with a keyboard and mouse on pc, but I'm actually paying better attention to the skill trees and playing the characters to match with the builds I'm working on. I'm playing as all 4, and trying to keep their progress through the game kind of balanced so if I had somebody around who fancied some split screen co-op there'd be no huge level gap. Next up is seeing whether I can convince my nephew and/or father in law whether they'd fancy playing through Borderlands 2/TPS on PS4. 

I’ve spent the last week playing it and having tons of fun, just going through finishing all the side missions now and will then make a start on the pre sequel, I’m at level 43 now and didn’t start using the special ability until way late in the game as I didn’t realise it was so overpowered (I play in the commando class, so it’s a turret gun)

On 6/16/2019 at 4:25 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Battlefield V added to EA Access, I'm fucking shit at it as expected but enjoying it thus far.  Only gripe is how my cheevo's seem to be borked, or at least the cumulative ones.  Some are at about 10% but when I stop playing, the progress goes and they reset to 10%.  Will have to have about a 3 hour sesh or so to get them.  Or actually get better at playing! 

Right, I've uninstalled the game and the save from my hard drive but I think it keeps loading up a cloud save or whatever they are, so as a result it looks like the corrupted save keeps loading up.  Am I fucked?

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night and Judgment (PS4)

That's my already lacking social life completely fucked.

Loving both so far but Judgment was a given since it's basically a Yakuza game with a new character. I was obviously going to love the game.

If you like Castlevania, then you will probably be a fan the of Bloodstained. Think it was crowd funded by one of the original Castlevania devs.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night and Judgment (PS4)

That's my already lacking social life completely fucked.

Loving both so far but Judgment was a given since it's basically a Yakuza game with a new character. I was obviously going to love the game.

If you like Castlevania, then you will probably be a fan the of Bloodstained. Think it was crowd funded by one of the original Castlevania devs.

It was made by a lot of the people that made the last few Castlevania games. They quit Konami after they refused to let them make a new Castlevania and made this instead. Its deliberately made to be as much like a Castlevania game as possible to show Konami what they could have had if they'd stuck an actual game out instead of using the IP for pachinko machines.