WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Soooo tempted to pick up God Of War for £25 In the PS store sale. I'm just worried that it'll suffer from big game fatigue coming off the back of RDR2. Is it a game you can play in shortish (not 8 hour) bursts? It's a choice between  that and Spiderman for an extra £10. I've got Breath of the Wild on the back burner and I reckon by the time I get through that and Spiderman with the DLC I'll be ready to crack on with God of War. Any thoughts? Should I just sack all that off and jump straight in to GOW?

• Moderators

You can definitely play God of War on short bursts. I don't get a chance to play games for extended sessions at the moment which is sadly why I've held off getting RDR2, but I completed that. It's fantastic and you won't regret it.. Except maybe when

you're fighting Sigrid for the fiftieth time and still can't beat her

• Paid Members

Just got the platinum trophy on Spider-Man.

The game is absolutely fantastic! It’s got a brilliantly told story with some great set pieces and twists and turns. I know very little about the Spider-Man world but loved the characters in the game. One of the main villains is a bit meh but all the other bad guys are sensational and some of the cutscenes with them were completely thrilling. I’ve not really experienced that from a game before but I was completely invested from the first mission. 

The gameplay is top notch too, effortlessly swinging around New York during downtime, and then stringing together a variety of combos (using fists, webbing and gadgets) during combat phases. 

Loads of collectibles to find, stealth missions, really fucking hard challenges and lots in between.

Absolutely superb job from Insomniac Games and hopefully a sequel is on the way!

• Paid Members

Bought Spider-Man tonight (£28.99 at Argos!) and fookin loving it.  Just finished the first mission, and have spent the ast hour just swinging round Manhattan.  Amazing game.

• Paid Members
On 11/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

You can definitely play God of War on short bursts. I don't get a chance to play games for extended sessions at the moment which is sadly why I've held off getting RDR2, but I completed that. It's fantastic and you won't regret it.. Except maybe when

Hide contents

you're fighting Sigrid for the fiftieth time and still can't beat her

I've just beaten her on NG+ (Regular difficulty). Since I hadn't faught her at all since May I'm not so sure if she has different attack patterns between NG and NG+ modes (her ice attack seems longer and her air-stomp spam is less predictable).

I'm doing a new run on NG+ God-of-War difficulty, with Zeus armour that I may reconsider when I get to Niflheim. On the first fight with Baldur his regular attacks are 50% each and his red attacks are one-hit-kills. I may claw my eyes out if/when I get to Sigrun.

• Paid Members

It's been a long time since I've been as immersed in a game as Zelda: BOTW. I'm not too far into the story - I'm collecting shock arrows at the moment in preperation to take on my first Divine Beast - but I'm constantly sidetracked by finding more shrines, new areas to explore and seeing just how close I can get to Hyrule Castle before I get fucked up. Absolutely loving it.

• Paid Members

Found out yesterday I'm getting a PS4 for Christmas. I've already prepared a mental shopping list of PS4 exclusive fighting games to hunt down (ie Street Fighter 5), anybody got any PS4 exclusives they can recommend? Even if it's HD remakes of PS3 stuff as I've missed a generation.

Spider-Man's been getting a good press lately, and I'd personally recommend Yakuza 0 to get you started on that series (we're just awaiting the remaster of 3 to arrive and then all seven mainline games will be on PS4). Also if you enjoyed Shenmue I & II, Shenmue III in August will be a PS4/PC exclusive.

• Paid Members

Bought a PS4 in the Black Friday sale with Madden, Fifa, Red Dead II and Far Cry 4, got all of it and 2 months Now TV for just over £300 so fairly happy.

Gamer tag is jollyourmate, I've spent the last day smashing out MUT to try and get a decent squad ready to be trounced by my mates.

Got rid of that fucking WWE game and bought Fire Pro (it was half price on PS Store today), it's so much fun already. Downloaded hundreds of CAWS before I actually played any of it! Even got my non-fan housemate into it immediately after a quick run-through of the controls, he picked it up quicker than I did.

I have no PS4 friends :/ so if anyone wants to add me or punch horses on Red Dead etc my gamertag is QuentinZulu...