WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

New Vegas, its good fun apart from the freezing and some terrible bugs, missions not being registered as done, conversations with a follower kicking in about 5 hours after they should so it makes no sense and the like.

Any way, has any one

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

survived the basement of vault 11

[close spoiler]

");document.close();, I don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave it at that.

I never got that into paper Mario on wii as I got galaxy at the same time so I might have to go back to that and really give it a play, see if I agree with PSF.

• Paid Members

Yeah, completed the game along with checking every single location on the map.

Best way I found was to lay a shitload of pulse mines at the walls. I also had the Pulse Gun from Vault 34.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just finished Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and am about to get stuck into the online mode.

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members
Yeah, completed the game along with checking every single location on the map.

Best way I found was to lay a shitload of pulse mines at the walls. I also had the Pulse Gun from Vault 34.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just finished Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and am about to get stuck into the online mode.

Grand, I'll come back to that then and give that a try after finishing off in 34

• Paid Members
Your lockpicking needs to be pretty much maxed out to get that gun though. But its worth it, robots and guys in power armour are taken out in no more than 2 shots.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Can you not nab a key from the boomers base for it? When I was doing the BOS missions for that lass who follows you it snet me there and there was a key, but I didn't take it so I didn't piss them off.

Gears of War. Played most of the first act in short bursts as found it good but kind of samey up until the first Berserker fight but since then it has been very enjoyable and I've played it in much longer stints. I've liked some of the variety in the game, like avoiding the kryll in act 2, though I've found the game does obviously suffer from the usual cover-shooter problems (covering when you want to roll, rolling when you want to cover, covering in the open rather than the safe side you wanted to hide behind, squad members taking cover beside you and knocking you out of cover, etc). Have got Gears 2 waiitng so am interested to see what that's like. Haven't finished it yet though as I'm stuck on the final boss.

I've tried using the torque bow with either the lancer or sniper rifle but can't seem to finish Raam off before I'm killed. I usually do better when Dom is still around as he distracts Raam but then he comes after me and I'm killed on the move (by his gun or the kryll if I accidently stray off in to an unlit area), though sometimes I seem to be randomly killed but I don't see what kills me, though I guess it's either kryll (though I'm sure I'm in the light) or another reaver attack.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Fifa 11. Found that Ultimate Team was becoming a bit tedious so went back to career mode. Found in League One that the fatigue issue was quite bad in the second half of the season, as I got to the quarter finals of the FA Cup, semi-finals of the League Cup and won the JPT so was usually playing two games a week so had to rotate my squad quite often, usually after every game. Got promoted to the Championship and found the schedule to be a lot kinder on my players. I deliberately threw my first round League Cup game to ease any congestion and now (in December) I've generally only been playing a game a week which means that my first choice team are usually fully recovered for every game. My VP is also getting a lot better as well, and is currently leading the scoring charts.

New Vegas, its good fun apart from the freezing and some terrible bugs, missions not being registered as done, conversations with a follower kicking in about 5 hours after they should so it makes no sense and the like.

Any way, has any one

survived the basement of vault 11

[close spoiler]

");document.close();, I don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave it at that.

Got killed the first time but the second time I used a stealth boy and managed to reach the computer thing undetected. On the way back I think I must have breathed on one of the sentry bots and they detected me, but luckily I was near the door so I just ran for it and made it out.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Your lockpicking needs to be pretty much maxed out to get that gun though. But its worth it, robots and guys in power armour are taken out in no more than 2 shots.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Can you not nab a key from the boomers base for it? When I was doing the BOS missions for that lass who follows you it snet me there and there was a key, but I didn't take it so I didn't piss them off.

I didnt know, but the Fallout wiki says so yeah.

Eternal Sonata (about 3/4 though)

Loved the game, hated the ending. I say no more.

I am switching between Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and now just trying to clean up the loose ends like feathers etc, FM11 on the PC and Rock Band 3. Putting 'Through Glass' up as DLC this week made me extremely happy.

Got a week off work next week so planning to crackon with GUN, Just Cause 2 & possibly Mafia II.

Anyone played Deadly Premonition? I'm not far into it and despite its many, many flaws I'm somewhat loving it. It's basically Twin Peaks meets Silent Hill with graphics worthy of the Dreamcast and controls reminiscent of Resident Evil 1. The story is utterly bizarre and the lead character appears to be mentally unstable. I should think it's rubbish but something about it keeps drawing me in.

Anyone played Deadly Premonition? I'm not far into it and despite its many, many flaws I'm somewhat loving it. It's basically Twin Peaks meets Silent Hill with graphics worthy of the Dreamcast and controls reminiscent of Resident Evil 1. The story is utterly bizarre and the lead character appears to be mentally unstable. I should think it's rubbish but something about it keeps drawing me in.

Lol I've seen it about and considered it for a while, waiting til it drops down even more to buy it.

I just played the Dead Space 2 demo, seems awesome and made me jump more times in the demo than i did in the first game! Definately going to get it come Friday!

• Paid Members

The devs sent me it when it came out over here, along with a jar of gherkins and a fake police note from "Zach". I couldn't stand it as a game but it was absolutely hilarious at times. Long story short I didn't write the most complimenting review about it.

Have you got to the chase sequence or "sinner sandwich" parts yet?.