WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Yeah Dues Ex got great reviews but I thought it was fucking awful and gave up on it. Typical boring and uninspiring setting, characters and world and the gameplay is very dull and unexciting.

Also I gace up on Skyward Sword. I fucking love Zelda games but I've been playing them since I was 7 years old. They need to do something new with the formula and the frustrating Motion Plus isn't it. Plus the graphics are somehow worse than Wind Waker(which I thought was criminally underrated).

Been trying to get into Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the PS3 for the last couple of days, but I can't. It's really, really shit.

Nobody ever shuts up, with some inane dialogue going on for 4 or 5 minutes, and to get into 90% of rooms you need to hack the computer or read through the awkward menus and look for a password you may have picked up.

Chat, hack, chat, hack, chat, hack, rubbish shooting section, chat, chat, chat chat, hack, hack, hack. Shit.

Thank god I got it cheap.

I've had it from lovefilm for the last month or so and I'm still not sold on it. The controls feel awkward, I've got no idea what's going on and agree with most of what you posted there. I'm giving it a fair go but I've played it a few times and struggle to find motivation to go back to it.

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members
Been trying to get into Deus Ex: Human Revolution on the PS3 for the last couple of days, but I can't. It's really, really shit.

Nobody ever shuts up, with some inane dialogue going on for 4 or 5 minutes, and to get into 90% of rooms you need to hack the computer or read through the awkward menus and look for a password you may have picked up.

Chat, hack, chat, hack, chat, hack, rubbish shooting section, chat, chat, chat chat, hack, hack, hack. Shit.

I've had it from lovefilm for the last month or so and I'm still not sold on it. The controls feel awkward, I've got no idea what's going on and agree with most of what you posted there. I'm giving it a fair go but I've played it a few times and struggle to find motivation to go back to it.

Despite all it's other downfalls, the one thing that really wound me up more than anything was that you had a limit to the melee attacks you could do. For instance, in the opening warehouse section I chose the options to sneak around and kill people close combat, so they gave me a fucking revolver of all things, without about 4 bullets. Then I found out that I could only do 2 melee attacks in a set time and they had to recharge. Needless to say it went tits up from the start, and I ended up just having to blast my way through. Pointless.

Ive tried playing Super Mario Galaxy 1 i still hate the motion controls, i like the game and also been playing Mario Kart Wii (which is still amazing).

Games like Wii Sports it works great but for your every day games like Mario I rather use a controller even for Mario Kart Wii is the Gamecube pad every time I feel I can turn sharper into the corners and my times are much better on levels like rainbow road. Personally I feel Mario Kart Wii is the perfect game for the wii good tracks online multiplayer and online multiplayer split screen and you have the option of using the gamecube controller, wii controller, nun-chuck or just the wii-remote.

Despite all it's other downfalls, the one thing that really wound me up more than anything was that you had a limit to the melee attacks you could do. For instance, in the opening warehouse section I chose the options to sneak around and kill people close combat, so they gave me a fucking revolver of all things, without about 4 bullets. Then I found out that I could only do 2 melee attacks in a set time and they had to recharge. Needless to say it went tits up from the start, and I ended up just having to blast my way through. Pointless.

I tried to go all stealthy in that warehouse too but ended up shooting every fucker with every gun I could find. I wasn't paying attention properly to that part where it told you about battery use and recharging so I was pretty clueless on that and I keep forgetting what all the diffrent hacking things do. Not helped that I played an hour and then just played Skyrim for weeks before going back to it.

Ive tried playing Super Mario Galaxy 1 i still hate the motion controls, i like the game and also been playing Mario Kart Wii (which is still amazing).

Games like Wii Sports it works great but for your every day games like Mario I rather use a controller even for Mario Kart Wii is the Gamecube pad every time I feel I can turn sharper into the corners and my times are much better on levels like rainbow road. Personally I feel Mario Kart Wii is the perfect game for the wii good tracks online multiplayer and online multiplayer split screen and you have the option of using the gamecube controller, wii controller, nun-chuck or just the wii-remote.

It's Super Mario Galaxy, not Super Mario Galaxy 1. Stop with the unnecessary adding of numbers to games that don't have them.

I tried to go all stealthy in that warehouse too but ended up shooting every fucker with every gun I could find. I wasn't paying attention properly to that part where it told you about battery use and recharging so I was pretty clueless on that and I keep forgetting what all the diffrent hacking things do. Not helped that I played an hour and then just played Skyrim for weeks before going back to it.

I've just picked it up again pre-owned since it was a tenner, I'm determined to get through it but darn it makes it difficult for you to play for any great length of time.

Edited by Megan Midas

• Paid Members

It's Super Mario Galaxy, not Super Mario Galaxy 1. Stop with the unnecessary adding of numbers to games that don't have them.

In fairness, while he does do it to almost every game, I think it was a fine use in this one. When there's exact-named sequels fair enough, but calling Modern Warfare 3 "COD 7" is stupid.

In fairness, while he does do it to almost every game, I think it was a fine use in this one. When there's exact-named sequels fair enough, but calling Modern Warfare 3 "COD 7" is stupid.

He can't differentiate with what's fair usage and what's idiotic, so I think the privilege should be removed across the board.

• Paid Members

Erm. When you pick those options they give you a riot prod. That's what I picked and that's what I got.

Also you're all bloody wrong for not liking Deus Ex. Seriously. Wrong.

• Paid Members

Erm. When you pick those options they give you a riot prod. That's what I picked and that's what I got.

Also you're all bloody wrong for not liking Deus Ex. Seriously. Wrong.

I picked Lethal and up close. Riot prod must be the option for non-lethal. Even so, the ammo:enemy ratio is stupid, especially when you can only do 2 melee attacks per minute.

I thought Modern Warfare 3 was the 8th game in the Call of Duty series? But yes for record I will IF needs to be start calling MW3 and Black Ops.

As for Deus Ex its a marmite game either you love it or you hate it. Saw Skyrim for

Edited by ajmcstyles

Yeah Dues Ex got great reviews but I thought it was fucking awful and gave up on it. Typical boring and uninspiring setting, characters and world and the gameplay is very dull and unexciting.

Also I gace up on Skyward Sword. I fucking love Zelda games but I've been playing them since I was 7 years old. They need to do something new with the formula and the frustrating Motion Plus isn't it. Plus the graphics are somehow worse than Wind Waker(which I thought was criminally underrated).

Sounds just like Skyrim, i've had to give up on it as it's the typical charmless crap the nerds at Bethesda make but that's for another thread.

I really enjoyed Deus Ex, the story and setting is in part something i'm already interested in being a huge fan of Cyberpunk since the 80's Animes and Bladerunner like films. I also love the whole Humanity Front/Purity First anti-aug politics played throughout it. My only problem is that the stealth wasn't as fun as Splinter Cell, now there's a game a really hope goes back to it's roots a bit more next time round.

I've finally started Super Mario 3D Land. Not finding it as fun as I'd hoped. I'm only a few levels in, but I find depth perception a bit difficult on it. Between this and Mario Kart (which is the only 3DS game I've played at length), I've discovered the biggest flaw of the system -- having a 3D effect that requires a very specific viewing angle doesn't work that great when you're constantly moving the screen about.