WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I'm currently slogging my way through Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. It's basically button mashing nonsense but it will keep me moderatly occupied till I buy Portal 2 or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...
It is very good but I must admit that so far I've only played one proper match (the one at the start with Jordan's Bulls, which I won with a last second buzzer beating three) as I've mostly been addicted to the my player mode. Currently halfway through my first season. Was drafted in the second round by the Knicks and I'm now their starting point guard and look like an early favourite for rookie of the year. The only thing I wish is that my team mates were better at scoring as I rarely get more than a couple of assists as they miss most of the open jumpers I give them.

Yeah the skill level of your AI team mates is something that is going to be improved in 2k12, it is the one thing that needs sorting. I do enjoy My player mode but I'm not very good at it, as where I play Association mode on Hall Of Fame Difficulty, I really struggle on Pro Difficulty on My Player, i just find it really hard to be defensively good. I ended up going in the 2nd round as a Centre for the Pacers, I broke in to the team eventually but lost my place again after about 10 games. Problem is, whilst I regularly put up 20-30 points per game, my match up also drops the same amount of points on me :( and I end up with a lousy C- at best. It's frustrating to say the least as I want to be really good at this mode, but I'm more than happy with the other game modes to keep me going, completing the Jordan challenge was immensely satisfying and great fun. Oh and Patrick Ewing is a dirty bastard.

Seems I turned my career around, I'm approaching the end of the first season now and I've sacrificed putting numbers on the board in exchange for getting constant A+ ratings. Just setting screen after screen has seen my points rise and rise and I'm now completely addicted to my player mode. I'm learning when to set the picks properly and when you get a smooth passage of play which results in a basket for a team mate or even better leaves you with an open lay up it's the most satisfaction I've had from a game since PES 5.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Been watching videos of the new Minecraft update that fellow fans have been so excited for.

What do we make of Enderman? I'm not sure I like how there can be more than one or more specifically how for being a 'very rare' mob, 3 of them popped up in the Yogscast video in the same mine.

Other than that the update looks awesome, making the game more adventure based and challenging.

Thoughts?

• Paid Members
I'm currently slogging my way through Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. It's basically button mashing nonsense but it will keep me moderatly occupied till I buy Portal 2 or something similar.

Finished this very quickly a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's still free, but the Endor DLC was a free download a couple of weeks ago. More of the same, but alright for nowt.

I'm still playing Super Mario Bros on the NES. Can't get past World 8-2. Bastards. It's infuriating. I should just finish Mario Galaxy on the Wii as it's much more fun, or LBP 2 on the PS3 (that's more fun as well), but I can't be arsed. So instead I spend about half an hour a day tediously playing through an old NES game's warp pipes to get to levels that do my head in.

I'm still playing Super Mario Bros on the NES. Can't get past World 8-2. Bastards. It's infuriating. I should just finish Mario Galaxy on the Wii as it's much more fun, or LBP 2 on the PS3 (that's more fun as well), but I can't be arsed. So instead I spend about half an hour a day tediously playing through an old NES game's warp pipes to get to levels that do my head in.

I'm fairly sure I remember reading about how they programmed the final levels to become more difficult if you use the warp zones to get there. Play through it properly and you'll finish it in no time!

• Paid Members

Still trying to beat Rastan on MAME. Still can't do the last level. Fuck this shit.

I was playing Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap and I'd just got Piranha Man and then my daughter tore up my passwords :(

• 2 weeks later...
Still trying to beat Rastan on MAME. Still can't do the last level. Fuck this shit.

I was playing Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap and I'd just got Piranha Man and then my daughter tore up my passwords :(

Harsh on both counts dude.

Could never get on with Rastan

• Paid Members

I'm a big MMO fan, so I'm still playing Aion online at the mo, can't get enough of it.

But when I'm not playing that, it's been a bit of Dragon Age 2, Hunted:The Demon's forge and borderlands. I need a good JRPG however. Not sure I could stomach another play through of Suikoden 1.....well not for another 6 months anyway ;)

Failing that, i'll just dig out Raiden and Sonic 2.

• Paid Members

Been moving stuff out of my student digs and I stumbled across my copy of DOOM for the PSOne. It's an epic version of the game with much scarier sound design and some absolutely mental lighting in some of the levels. Once everything's wired up in the new gaff it'll be time for another stab at it I reckon.

I've beaten Ultimate Doom two or three times now (Ultra violence, bitches) but I keep getting about halfway through Doom II and I either just give up or there's a couple of levels where I find it nigh on impossible to work out the puzzles/switches etc to get to an exit. Still great fun though.

It's around this time of year that I dig out a few PSone classics like that, and usually something like the original Grand Theft Auto as well. It's amazing how far that series has come yet how insanely enjoyable that first one was. Even with the green and purple roads in the PSone edition. Having GOURANGA popping up on your screen never gets old.

Edited by El Nicko Loco

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

I'm back on the CM 97/98. In my fourth season with Auxerre. Won the cup double in my first season but fuck all since. Just twatted Villa in the UEFA Cup but then again, who hasn't?