WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The only place you'll be able to get digital downloads for your XBone will be the XBox Live marketplace. I couldn't give an exact number of games you'd fit on your hard drive as it'd depend on the games you have. I've got about 50 downloaded on my 500gb drive with 100gb of space free, but some of them are little more than glorified ROMs from the ACA Neo Geo collection by Hamster, and stuff like Pacman, Dig Dug & Galaga, while I keep having second thoughts at the idea of installing Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite because with all the updates it works out to a download of about 100gb, which would take me the best part of a week to get down given my Internet speed. 

Most of my bigger titles have been in the 30-50GB range (Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Mordor, Tomb Raider, Witcher etc.), but they're trending bigger, I think. Red Dead II is currently taking up 111GB. FIFA seems to get a GB bigger every time I turn the bloody Xbox on, it's updated so often. Less graphically intensive stuff is often in a 2.5-10GB range, including most 360 titles.

If I'm buying digital, it's usually for ease/convenience, so it's been rare to see a digital offer outside of the Xbox Live store that's felt worth the extra hassle of getting codes sent to me etc. CDkeys has had the occasional offer that's tempted me though (and I have bought my actual Xbox Live Gold through them a few times over the years).

• Paid Members

I tend to check the deals with Gold on a Tuesday as there's often a bargain to be had on there. 

7 hours ago, Ralphy said:

thanks both, i have rdr2 on order, goodbye a tenth of my hdd space!! 

It's soooo worth it though!  Remember the Games With Gold freebies, I've got some decent games I'd never have played without that.  Also, check the pinned Social Media Directory thread to see who to add. 

• Paid Members

Gamepass isn't a bad idea as a fair few of the new games go straight on there when they get released. Between that and GWG you don't tend to do too badly. I had EA Access for a year once, but if they did Gamepass at a similar price for the year I'd save a fortune on games. The PlayStation equivalent is crazy expensive. 

It's the Netflix of gaming Ralphy!  It's over 200 games from this gen and 360, some are only streamable i think but you can download on to your hard drive with a lot. All the Xbox first party games go straight on. Not sure of price, £60 a year seems standard but you can usually find it on offer. It's the main reason I'm getting one. https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass?&OCID=AID736707_SEM_yPJncYe4

Game Pass is usually £7.99 a month, but at the moment you can get three months for a quid. As in, a pound for three whole months, not a pound per month. If you go for that offer though, it's worth knowing you'll be re-billed at £7.99 a month at the end of the three month period unless you cancel your subscription. 

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

• Paid Members

It should be noted too you can activate it on as many profiles as you like and play them on your profile. I did 3 months, then my partner did 3 months after and we could both use it.

4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I heard somewhere that maybe it costs £1 for three months.

They say that initially, but once you show interest in buying it, they jack up the price.

• Paid Members

Sonic Mania & Borderlands: The Handsome Collection are next month's PlayStation Plus games. Sonic Mania is brilliant, I'd recommend getting the Plus DLC as well, it's only a couple of quid for two extra characters and a whole new game mode. The Handsome Collection is getting an Ultra HD Update soon as well. That's not bad going from Sony.