WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

8 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Started playing Persona V, afraid that it's too Japanese for me and I'm a racist.

Oh yeah it's super Japanese but I'd say maybe stick with it if only for how progressive it can be politically, but the game's also stupidly long too..

Stick it on safe mode and the game will fly by.

Love the game myself (completed it twice on normal) but I've been a fan of the series since P3. P4's 2 hour intro is a piss take though.

The main Shin Megami Tensei games (which is what Persona spun out of) are great. Can't wait for Shin Megami Tensei V on the Switch.

I'd say stick with Persona 5 until you finish the first castle. If you don't like it by then you probably never will.

• Paid Members

I got myself a Vita on eBay last week at a bargain price and it's finally arrived! Someone was selling it with a Gameboy SP for £70 so I figured I can sell the SP for twenty quid or so (comes with Mario Kart Advance and a swanky case) so I couldn't pass up the deal.

Switched it on and immediately went to the PS Store and bought Tombi (or Tomba as it's known everywhere else) and downloaded my copy of Axiom Verge. It runs and looks lovely!

When I was 12 and constantly replaying that Tombi demo because I loved it so much, I never though that I would be sitting on my sofa playing the full game on a portable machine. Crazy.

I'm a bit annoyed that I have to rejoin PS Plus in order to transfer my Axiom Verge game save from my PS4 to the Vita, but I figure It's worth it as I have a load of Vita games on my account from my sporadic forays into that membership. One game in particular that I was really looking forward to re-downloading and continuing was Rogue Legacy.

But it's gone. Actually disappeared from my games library. I got it in the PS Plus games selection a few years ago and I've played it on and off since then. I've got the option to buy the game in full but no option to download it for free using PS Plus. It's really disappointing and I have no idea whether my game save has gone with it too.

Has anybody else had PS Plus games just vanish with no warning or explanation?

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Has anybody else had PS Plus games just vanish with no warning or explanation?

I haven't heard of this happening. Bung a note into support. 

Yea it’s never happened to me, if the plus account expires they will still be on the system but locked until you resubscribe.

I see Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered is March’s offering.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Thanks for the help, guys! The licences had expired on a few PS Plus games, which was fixed by renewing them in the settings, so after that I just re-subbed to PS Plus and there it was; Rogue Legacy, available to download. Bliss.

The only stumbling block now is figuring out this cross-save business, as I've uploaded my Rogue Legacy PS4 save to the cloud but it isn't available to download to the Vita. I'm too old for all this.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

it isn't available to download to the Vita.

I haven't tried it but I stumbled on this link. That dialogue box looks confusing AF and sounds like it will tear a hole in space-time continuum if you make the wrong choice.

• Paid Members

Massive thanks for that link! Reading through that thread has given me a headache. I think I may have erased all my progress by the sounds of it but I'll uninstall/re-install the game to see if I can trick the Vita into actually doing what I want it to do.

The device is full of brain-warping prompts like that. There's a similar one when you want to factory reset the machine where it sounded like my account would be deleted, de-activated and/or banned from being associated with that particular Vita again.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I think I may have erased all my progress

Working with Sony cloud saves are always like this. You have to almost draw a diagram to understand which save you're working with. 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

What's the general thoughts on wwe2k19 like it's super cheap in asda/tesco so I keep looking at it but I've no actually played a wrestling game in years 

It's super cheap because it's fucking rotten.

If you haven't played a wrestling game in years, you'll be amazed at how much they've changed! :cry: