WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator

It's a good choice to remaster: old fogies like us will bathe in the retro-ness of going through it again, and it's old enough that a lot of people will have missed it. Plus it was on OG Gameboy (and the DX remaster) and hasn't been re-released since so it should have a whole new audience. I think it looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2019 at 7:45 PM, Merzbow said:

It's really pretty but I dont think think the art style matches the original idea of the game, it had a surreal dreamlike feel to it and was inspired by Twin Peaks. I'm curious but not hyped.

Yeah, I'd never really thought about it but it definitely has a surreal dreamlike feel to it.

Traded in Anthem earlier.

Couldn't even start the game today. Crashed three times in a row at start up after a black screen (amusingly my PS4Pro spat the disk out every time) resulting in the external drive having to go through the repair process.

Tried multiple games that were on the external drive and they all worked without any issues. Only happened with Anthem.

The boring gameplay (managed a couple of hours yesterday) was bad enough but like fuck am I risking damage to my console. Lucky it wasn't installed on the internal drive.

Avoid.

I tapped out at the mere thought of not being able to solo it. Hopefully they will make that doable and all the patches and free add ons will make it worth the ÂŁ27 I'll end up paying for it.

I got to the last 6 of the greatest battle royale of all time last night, i was in the Tetris zone man.

33 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I had to ascend a radio mast and assumed that was the new tower system. But no?

Only once (on the starting island right?) I think the character directing you actually makes a joke about it.

I'm playing NG+ (PS4) on and off at the moment. Love the game.

• Paid Members

It's a lot of fun. Especially when you get off the school grounds into the town.

Forza 6 Ultimate Edition is £20 on Deals With Gold this week. The DLC that comes with that edition costs about  £40 before you even factor the cost of the game in. I'll probably be picking that up on Thursday. The Blizzard Mountain add-on for Horizon 3 is reduced to £4.18 as well, but none of the other DLC for some strange reason.

Alright you nerds, I am working at something called Insomnia 64* over the Easter weekend at the NEC. Few questions: has anyone been? Is anyone going? Are gaming fans as bad as wrestling fans? Will there be loads of free shit for me to take home? Is the camping bit as scary as it looks?

*will be on the Samsung VR stand if anyone is going and wants to have a chat. 

Game nerds smell bad, but not as bad as wrestling fans so take the usual precautions and you'll be fine.

If you're on a stand you'll get the best of it.  I've manned a stall at Develop/EGX/PC Weekender and the like and your passes get you past the crowds at least.   There's usually tons of free shit being given away but most of it is useless and you'll throw it away when you get home  :)  People will want to talk to you, and everyone thinks they're a gaming expert so smile and nod whilst they tell you your game is worse than one they're making with their mates from home or whatever.