WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Finished it last night. Still got tons left to do which is great. Think I'll plod along in and out of it doing as much as i can then do new game plus when I want to play through again. I thought Red Dead 2 was the bestest but i think GoW pips it for being a lot more gamey whilst having just as good a story. Plus Red Dead could have been even jankier and I'd still have loved it where as GoW had some work to win me over and it blew me away.

Gonna try and finish a few games ive started then it's Bloodborne or Resident Evil 4 next. I have a feeling I'll still be talking about starting Bloodborne this time next year.

Anyone jumping in to Anthem on day one?

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
On 2/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, Really Big Shoe said:

Mdickies YouTestament has made it to mobile. It's even wackier than ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyo9uNfLptg

I tried playing this, and it's somehow even more blasphemous and unplayable than ever.

Disappointed that his companion piece about the life of Muhammad hasn't been released for mobile too - in which, in the development notes, he said he attempted all he could to make sure that it was a respectful interpretation of the life of the Prophet, but that he found the Islamic restrictions on depicting Muhammad to be "too restrictive" for a programmer or something like that.

I tried playing YouTestament last month. I got as far as this;

DxNV7uiWkAID-_f.jpg:large

That's me, playing as Siddhartha Gautama, getting crucified. Because while you can choose to play as any number of historical and holy figures (and Donald Trump), you can only actually live out a version of the life of Jesus as interpreted by a lunatic.

What I find particularly amusing about this image is that it was followed by a "Game Over" screen. A New Testament Simulator/Christ 'Em Up in which being crucified is considered "Game Over". A game in which, playing as the Buddha, death is the end.

DxNTiAoX0AArZje.jpg

Anyway, here's the Buddha knocking about in Nazareth with an axe while a Roman Centurion accosts Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Anyone else not buying into the Apex Legends hype?

Been playing it in short bursts since launch and I'm finding it average at best. Unless the future support is top notch, I can't see me sticking around.

Doesn't help that it's launched with no solo mode.

Apparently the titans unbalanced the gameplay (no shit Sherlock) so had to be dropped. It's done some massive numbers, though. I did see somebody kick up a massive stink on social media because the character they play is gay and they don't want a [homophobic slur here] to ruin their video-game. 

23 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I tried playing this, and it's somehow even more blasphemous and unplayable than ever.

Disappointed that his companion piece about the life of Muhammad hasn't been released for mobile too - in which, in the development notes, he said he attempted all he could to make sure that it was a respectful interpretation of the life of the Prophet, but that he found the Islamic restrictions on depicting Muhammad to be "too restrictive" for a programmer or something like that.

I tried playing YouTestament last month. I got as far as this;

DxNV7uiWkAID-_f.jpg:large

That's me, playing as Siddhartha Gautama, getting crucified. Because while you can choose to play as any number of historical and holy figures (and Donald Trump), you can only actually live out a version of the life of Jesus as interpreted by a lunatic.

What I find particularly amusing about this image is that it was followed by a "Game Over" screen. A New Testament Simulator/Christ 'Em Up in which being crucified is considered "Game Over". A game in which, playing as the Buddha, death is the end.

DxNTiAoX0AArZje.jpg

Anyway, here's the Buddha knocking about in Nazareth with an axe while a Roman Centurion accosts Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.

I played as the Iron Sheik character so far. Got the bottom part of his arm cut off by a Roman solider then found a piece of bone in a vase. Someone this attached itself so he was walking around with this bone as a replacement arm. Then a roman solider comes says they wanted to him to join them so Sheiky baba becomes a Solider. A few seconds later though idk what happened but Sheiky met his maker. Also this part of the game is hilarious I'll spoiler it in case it hasn't happened yet

You get chickens that peck you, if you're injured/bleeding the Wolf attacks you too. There's a Zombie which walks around and randomly attacks other characters. If you get on a Horse then you can rear the legs back and kick things. Just crazy. Plus you get the Soliders come up to you and demand a tax. The "court" aspect where you and another character are tried is hilarious. Sheiky was taken to court three times (for fighting, not paying tax and stealing something) but got off each time.

• Paid Members

Trump is actually one of the characters you can play as on YouTestament.

He's a hard-line Christian, and showed a complete inability to experience empathy when developing his Islamic answer to YouTestament, so him being a Trump supporter is hardly a surprise. He's a complete tool, more importantly.

I tried playing through YouTestament on my phone twice, both times I was crucified for not paying taxes within two minutes.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Trump is actually one of the characters you can play as on YouTestament.

He's a hard-line Christian, and showed a complete inability to experience empathy when developing his Islamic answer to YouTestament, so him being a Trump supporter is hardly a surprise. He's a complete tool, more importantly.

I tried playing through YouTestament on my phone twice, both times I was crucified for not paying taxes within two minutes.

I completely missed that in your post RE: Trump in New Testament. Fucking Nora. 

I always knew he was a Christian with a very inflated ego due to the blurbs on his autobiographies and the way he talked about himself, but I never knew he was hard into the right-wing side of things. 

• Paid Members

I'm very happy to be getting bombarded with ads for Metro Exodus right now. I don't think I ever seen a single one on TV for 2033 or Last Light, two amazingly atmospheric horror-shooters done on a tiny budget. 4A Games are a cracking developer and I hope this is their big break. Look into them. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-15-jason-rubin-metro-last-light-is-the-triumph-of-an-underdog

I just picked up the redux pack of the first two on PS4 for ÂŁ6 off PSN (played them on 360 originally) in anticipation and they're part of the Xbox Game Pass, too. Give them a try.