TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I'm not sure they'd put a Wipeout on there soon after releasing a HD collection but you never know, that's a good shout.

There's a Final Fantasy VII remake in the works as well, but they've stuck that on there. I wonder whether they'd stick a Crash or Spyro on there, as they were quite synonymous with the PS One. 

There would be a lot of nostalgia for the original GTA games, but I can't help worrying that once somebody tried to play them without that nostalgia and the big map they'd have trouble enjoying it because of the controls. It was a great game at the time, but whenever I've tried going back to it I've really been frustrated by the controls, which Chinatown Wars managed to fix. 

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

original GTA played like a dog.

I have to disagree, the original top down GTA is one of the few in the back catalogue I can revisit and still enjoy. 

Can we agree that GTA 2 was underrated? I think it suffered from odd aesthetic choices at the time but it really was a solid game, especially on Dreamcast.

For the PS4 version of Fire Pro, how easy is it to change wrestler names (is there an option file like pro Evo), load other retro caws and custom arenas ?

Yeah I saw that, I'm not even a Potterhead but I'm so down for this. It looks pretty damn violent too which surprised me but I guess all your OG HP fans are grown adults now, would be cool if it's skewed towards those people a tad.

The final couple books (of the Potter series, I didn't read Fantastic Beasts or any of that stuff) got fairly dark, and as I recall the Fantastic Beasts movie had its dark moments. The books never shied away from death or killing, really, so I'm hoping this game not be aimed at the kiddies.

4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Whether or not it's "aimed at kids" it'll definitely be kid-friendly. It's fucking Harry Potter.

Kid friendly and aimed at kids are two different things.

6 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Kid friendly and aimed at kids are two different things.

Yeah, he made that distinction.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:59 PM, RancidPunx said:

For the PS4 version of Fire Pro, how easy is it to change wrestler names (is there an option file like pro Evo), load other retro caws and custom arenas ?

As far as I can tell, the only way to change names is to copy the wrestler and edit them - even for downloaded CAWs, which is a bit of a ballache. Though the interface is a nightmare, so that may just be me missing something. 

And, if you do that to a downloaded CAW, it counts them as a new wrestler, rather than continuing your "subscription" - if you're subscribed to a CAW, you get any updates made to it as well.

The game is definitely needlessly clunky, with some odd restrictions for a franchise that made its name on how customisable it is, but I've been having fun with it all the same. 

Forza Horizon 4 is the business.  It's essentially more of the same, this time set in England, but with a dynamic season gimmick.  As the seasons progress so the weather changes even though you're still in the same map (no Storm Island or Blizzard Mountain separate areas like FH2 and 3).

I broke and bought the ultimate upgrade already as it includes car packs, VIP, and the expansions.  I almost certainly would have bought the expansions when they drop and I was itching for the Bond car pack so I may as well have bought the bundle.

One major criticism is that wheelspins are now an absolute piss take.  In the past games of you got a wheelspin you were either getting a car or some credits to put towards a car. Not anymore...

You could win some cash or a car, but you could also win an item of clothing, an emote, or a "hilarious" novelty car horn.  Essentially they've cut the wheelspin from being 100% effective in helping you progress your car collection to you having a 60% chance of getting worthless junk.

If you've played previous Forza games you will be rewarded with some in game swag like shirts with previous game logos on, a car for FH3 and for FM7, and some super wheelspins.

I'll be cancelling my RDR2 pre-order now as this will easily see me through until Christmas.

Edited by johnnyboy