WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I play a lot of Anime fighters and recommend anything with Blazblue in the title. Except Cross Tag Battle, which is shit imo.

Mortal Kombat XL and Injustice 2 are both decent. Soul Calibre VI is good as well.

I've just been reinstalling MKXL on my XBone. What consoles do you have? I've got a fair share of fighters on there, my 360 and a couple on my PS4 if you fancy getting online and handing my arse to me sometime. I k ow that sounds like hustler talk, but I am actually not particularly good at them in spite of my years of experience. 

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game, but the one coming out for XB1 seems to be a Disney RPG type and it being a Square Enix game sounds like it's something my girlfriend would love.  Are they any good, and do you need to know or have played the other games?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Anyone got recommendations on  fighting games?

Street Fighter is still the daddy. SFV has a great online scene and decent in-game training. Make sure you buy the right version that has the character packs baked in. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game, but the one coming out for XB1 seems to be a Disney RPG type and it being a Square Enix game sounds like it's something my girlfriend would love.  Are they any good, and do you need to know or have played the other games?

They're JRPGs, although a little more action than turned based. They cross over the worlds of the Final Fantasy series and the whole world of Disney. If you preorder Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS4 you get the HD remakes of the first two for free to get you caught up. There are spin off titles on Nintendo handheld as well. I don't know whether they're doing the HD remakes for XBox with them being PS2 exclusives originally, and they're not easy to come by either. 

I think people are also hoping there are Star Wars & Marvel themed portions to this one due to their being owned by Disney. I reckon it might get released as DLC if it does happen 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Just got the platinum for Destiny 2.

Heads up for anyone that doesn't know (like myself until the trophy popped) that the "Lest Ye Be Judged" trophy now unlocks just by visiting Xur. You no longer have to win a trials match.

Good work! I’m back into Destiny 2 at the minute. It’s not a patch on D1 but I love it. Still have never finished a raid in my Destiny career though 😩

I go through phases with D2, got heavily back into the Forsaken expansion but fell off again in December just as Black Armory dropped. It's still my favourite franchise though and I'll keep coming back. Interesting times ahead as well now that Activision are out of the picture and Bungie are self publishing.

40 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

You're probably best off knowing the story, even if you don't play through the games.  The games don't play through in order either, but some lovely people have made a chronological story so far video.

Thanks for that, matey!  Will watch that this evening so we can get up to speed.

15 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Good work! I’m back into Destiny 2 at the minute. It’s not a patch on D1 but I love it. Still have never finished a raid in my Destiny career though 😩

Only did the first (not even attempted the new one yet) D2 raid a few times, not a patch on most of the first games raids imo. Never completed King's Fall on D1 just couldn't get on with that one.

D2 is in a much better state now.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah not certain I'll get the platinum on it but if ever there's a game I will it will be this one. In reality I'll just beat it, do the DLC and never play it ever again whilst moaning about how hard the trolls are on God of War or something for the next six months.

Anyone got recommendations on  fighting games? Used to be my go to genre as a kid and Street Fighter 2 and MK were the first examples of me being better at my big bro something. Not played any since Here Come The Pain probably when I reached the nadir of my fighting game career after beating my two managers in a handicap match  before 5 a side 

Pick up the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection? Guilty Gear Xrd has a fantastic tutorial which uses mini games to teach the mechanics of fighting games in general, but is only on PS4. Tekken 7 is good, I hear SoulCalibur 6 is good. Mortal Kombat 11 is out in April, and Mortal Kombat XL is a lot of fun. Fighting EX Layer on PS4 is good. There's a gimmick called the gougi card which means as well as picking your character you pick a card with 4 perks for your character that suit your fighting style which can add a lot of variety to the playstyle. It's digital only, though. King Of Fighters XIV is pretty good, again it's PS4 or PC only. If you play with friends a lot I'd say to wait until Divekick is in a sale. That can be a fun distraction. Skullgirls is a good one as well, but it's not that well supported nowadays which is a shame because its quite a well balanced game. There are some good fighters in the ACA Neo Geo range on the console digital stores as well. Would it be worth making a side thread about fighting games? 

@scratchdj you can buy the characters individually if you want one in particular or buy the character passes. It could end up being another £30 or so on top to get the characters that way. With the current season they've said they're not doing a season pass so you'll have to pay for this season's characters individually. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

Anyone played the one shot demo for Resi 2? It's 30 minutes and done. 30 minutes was enough thank you very much and that was me only encountering standard zombies. 

Enjoyed it for what it was, had to rush through it though unfortunately because of the 30 minute time limit, looking forward to the release this week.