WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Batman: Arkham City nailed it;

I hadn't really thought about it but you're right, I'm completely over open world games. But Arkham has an initially disappointingly small map then reveals it is in fact perfect for the story it's trying to tell. 

8 hours ago, Snugglecakes said:

Anyone planning on picking up Kingdom Hearts 3? I've just finished the remixes, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Toy Story level looks fantastic, my nieces were marking out watching the trailer.

I loved Kingdom Hearts 2 even though the franchise has one of the most confusing storylines in gaming history but that came out in 2005!

I’ve lost interest in the series now unfortunately, it might be a pick up when it becomes cheaper as I generally only buy games I’m interested in on release day.

The Resident Evil 2 remake will be my next purchase.

• Paid Members

An open world doesn't have to be huge and sprawling, just open and with plenty to do as well as the story of the game. I think GTA San Andreas was probably peak for this. There were differing things to do in each of the three cities and the surrounding towns, but I used to really enjoy doing "road trips" across the map as well. Especially with the great radio stations. Vice City was good, but it felt more like just driving round town on a night rather than a cross country/state cruise.

• Paid Members

Yes San Andreas was fantastic for open world and GTAV is much of the same in that respect. It's big, but not too big and you have variety (the lake in the middle, woodland areas, city, farms, trailer parks etc). Plus, it's very interactive. I also enjoyed exploring underwater as well.

• Paid Members

I think because I got the 360 version of GTA 5 I may have missed out on quite a bit of the experience. I'm contemplating keeping an eye out for the PS4 version. because I played it on a friend's and I like the little touches like the phone calls coming through on the speaker in the controller. 

Spider-Man is great and all but those big fat fucks in balaclavas can fuck right off! 25% of the game done and these lumpy henchmen have caused me more trouble than anything in the game. I'll clear a group of crime then one of these Butterbean looking bitches will punch me in the back of the head!

2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Spider-Man is great and all but those big fat fucks in balaclavas can fuck right off! 25% of the game done and these lumpy henchmen have caused me more trouble than anything in the game. I'll clear a group of crime then one of these Butterbean looking bitches will punch me in the back of the head!

Something I hadn't realised with Spiderman is that if you have some focus from doing combos, you can press down on the d-pad and it regenerates life for you. Apologies if you already know this, but it made the game easier once I realised! I'm just getting to 100% on each of the boroughs and then I'll have the plat for it. 

Yeah I picked that up straight away, those big boys are just so deceptively quick! It's quite an easy game tbf(I'm on amazing difficulty) and it seems if you just spam dodge you can get through most scrapes. It just seemed a bit odd that the second boss fight you have is a lot easier than taking on a bunch of no name thugs with cattle prods and and couple of brutes backing them up.

• Paid Members

Finally got Forza Horizon 2 finished (the temptation to do the final race in a 1981 Ford Fiesta was so much but I settled for my red Baby Driver inspired Impreza instead and I'm cracking on at Forza Horizon 3. It looks stunning, although I doubt I'll be able to coast through the whole game with my 1997 Volvo estate, A-Team Van and the General Lee. I may need to start using some of the fast cars in my possession at some point.

Still loving  Yakuza 0, and had a little bash at Pokken Tournament on my Wii U  before bed last night as well. Nice little arena fighter. Eventually I might play some vaguely modern games. Steep looks interesting, too. Free on PSNthis month.

80% done on Spidey. Once I got my head around the combat mechanics (prioritise target's, dodge and web pretty much) I started picking up crime and base tokens for fun. Challenge tokens can fuck off though. Two more squares left on my skill tree as well. The story is the real star in this game. I wish the films got the balance of fun and drama as well as this game does. I think this will be the first game I platinum.

Yeah not certain I'll get the platinum on it but if ever there's a game I will it will be this one. In reality I'll just beat it, do the DLC and never play it ever again whilst moaning about how hard the trolls are on God of War or something for the next six months.

Anyone got recommendations on  fighting games? Used to be my go to genre as a kid and Street Fighter 2 and MK were the first examples of me being better at my big bro something. Not played any since Here Come The Pain probably when I reached the nadir of my fighting game career after beating my two managers in a handicap match  before 5 a side