WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I've been pretty much trotting through the character stories and arcade trees on Street Fighter 5. Also did the first chapter of Yakuza 0. Can't wait to have time to not play any more of the story as I'm too busy playing Outrun in an arcade.

Getting ready to face Ganon on BotW. So far I'm up to 14 hearts, I've got the master sword, I got a good horse(but horses are shit), I've nearly another whole stamina wheel and I've done all the divine beasts. What useful shit should I get before I head off to end this mutha'? Does the end game effect the post game, can I still do all the quests or do some close off after and does all my stuff from this game transfer over to the DLC or do I start over?

It's such a brilliant game, even with shitty hand held analogues.  I hope we get another on Switch as with this as a starting point they've got amazing scope to work with. It actually amazes me that those little cartridges and this flimsy tablet can produce games that look and run so good.

Farming Simulator 17.

This was 8 quid in the Xbox sale.  Lads, I'm not going to lie, I love it.  Sorting out what to plant, when to fertilise and when to harvest is giving me the fucking horn.  I upgraded my plough to one that sows at the same time which cuts down the work, but sadly it means that I've had to reduce the hours that Pawel, Krzysztof, and Maciej have been doing for minimum wage.

Getting me some of that middle class vegan money by growing soybeans, but flood the market and the price drops so have to keep an eye on that.  You can get cattle but I'm sticking to the crops for now.  Also, the country radio station has a couple of bangers on it.

• Paid Members

I had three missed calls in three minutes from my 60 year old father a few years ago. He never calls so thought something awful had happened. I phoned back, and he answered with “Thanks for calling back, I’ve rolled my tractor into the lake and can’t get it out”. 

He spends all day on Farming Simulator. It’s mad. He never showed any interest in any games when we were kids, but now you can’t get him off his PS4. On FS15 he had a 350 hour game save, and probably an even bigger one on FS17. He’s playing the new one at the moment but says it’s not as good as 17 as you can’t make money quick enough - the poor blokes only got £3m in the bank so far. 

If you want any gaming tips Keith let me know and I’ll phone the old man (I never thought I would say that in a million years)

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, waters44 said:

I had three missed calls in three minutes from my 60 year old father a few years ago. He never calls so thought something awful had happened. I phoned back, and he answered with “Thanks for calling back, I’ve rolled my tractor into the lake and can’t get it out”. 

He spends all day on Farming Simulator. It’s mad. He never showed any interest in any games when we were kids, but now you can’t get him off his PS4. On FS15 he had a 350 hour game save, and probably an even bigger one on FS17. He’s playing the new one at the moment but says it’s not as good as 17 as you can’t make money quick enough - the poor blokes only got £3m in the bank so far. 

If you want any gaming tips Keith let me know and I’ll phone the old man (I never thought I would say that in a million years)

I was at my local CEX the other day and they had a tractor controller in the window which was just a gearbox and someswitches. I'd imagine you combine it with a steering wheel controller for some extra authenticity. It looks like a truly fascinating game. I've always wanted to get into one of the train simulators, but my PC is woefully under powered and they're quite expensive on console, plus they'd probably never have a"Northern Rail" add on pack for me to recreate the delights of the Hope Valley Line, the Leeds - Barnsley line, or Manchester Victoria to Clitheroe. Not without a mod,anyway.

I'm making my way through Yakuza Zero at the moment. I'm not great at the combat, but the story seems really interesting, and I'm looking forward to getting sidetracked by all the subplots and minigames.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Someone has remade P.T Demo (of PS4 fame) in Unreal and it can be downloaded for free on PC.

Whilst it supports VR, it’s supposed to be quite broken. I remember the original being quite creepy, and I don’t scare easily.

Anyone play it first time round?

https://radiusgordello.itch.io/unreal-pt

I saw this on Reddit yesterday. I adore Team Silent's work, unfortunately I didn't have a PS4 when PT demo was around. But a few of us sat around and watched a YouTube play through (lights off, natch). It looked amazing! Some disturbing. Shame it was cancelled, and dick move that the demo deleted itself. 

A while back PlayStations that hadn't been updated but still had the PT demo installed were available on ebay. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I saw this on Reddit yesterday. I adore Team Silent's work, unfortunately I didn't have a PS4 when PT demo was around. But a few of us sat around and watched a YouTube play through (lights off, natch). It looked amazing! Some disturbing. Shame it was cancelled, and dick move that the demo deleted itself. 

A while back PlayStations that hadn't been updated but still had the PT demo installed were available on ebay. 

They were going for some serious coin.It's like download codes for games that are discontinued.

I was watching the full E3 trailer from Death Stranding before and as beautiful as it looks and despite Norman Reedus doing his best Daryl I don't think I'll have the iron to play a game set on a desolate Earth with invisible monsters with extreme survival skills required. Just listening to the Cane and Rinse pod cast on o.g Resident Evil and thinking about bullet inventory and those bloody ribbons I broke out in hives. I'll deffo need to get back on the citalopram to get through that.

Just finished BotW. I was seriously overpowered so it was hardly stressful at all. I'm a little disappointed the world doesn't stay open so I can stroll around in my barbarian chaps swinging my master sword around but it just means I can fully complete the game and still have an end goal.

• Paid Members

My favourite thing about Farming Simulator was a review of, I think, Farming Simulator '14, which ended with the line, "the chief failing of Farming Simulator '14 is its inability to simulate farming".

Spiderman is installed and ready to go. How long did it take most people? I'm hearing 15 hours which sounds glorious coming off the back of RDR2 and BotW. Looking to knock Spidey out in a week so I can spend my week off next week on God of War.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Spidey is fairly short. Play it on hard btw; combat is not very tough. It takes longer if you just swing around the city aimlessly for hours as I find myself doing. Everything in it except the drone challenges is fun (as in all the side optional stuff is worth doing).

They should put that on the box. Perfect review!

• Moderators

There must be someone out there who enjoyed the drone challenges.. Same kind of people who liked flight school in GTA, probably!

Also, I don't know how you found the different special abilities but I thought a couple of them are pretty OP and I rarely use any others (won't say which ones so Mr Danger can have the fun of exploring himself).

• Paid Members

Getting a bit fed-up of open world games, there isn't enough time in the world to really get into them and enjoy the detail and scope.

Batman: Arkham City nailed it; big enough to allow for exploration and small enough that you don't feel like your aimlessly roaming about the place. I practically raced through GTA V's story missions and didn't bother with much else even though there is tons to do, whereas I completed the likes of Saints Row 2 & 3 in full and got every achievement, challenge and collectible.

Really enjoying my short time with Rise Of The Tomb Raider so far. It seems like the perfect AAA game for me.

Edited by Accident Prone