WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I'm playing through all the GTAs again at the moment. I've finished 3 and working through Vice City now. In the space of 15 minutes I heard Megadeth Peace Sells, Slayer Raining Blood and Psychadelic Furs Love My Way. From memory Luther Van Dross Never Too Much is on there as well. What a soundtrack! I actually just pulled up and stopped when Love My Way came on.  

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Sorry for going retro on people, but does any one here play Rocket League on PS4 at all? I’ve finally moved on to something new (or not).

How is it retro?

I play it on the Xbox now and then, it's good fun when I don't want to get sucked into a game for too long.

• Paid Members

I picked up MicroMachines World Tour and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 on the PS4, for my nephews. The intention is to have some fun multiplayer gaming sessions. Has anyone tried any of the third party PS4 controllers? ÂŁ50 for the official ones is a little steep.

27 minutes ago, BigJag said:

I picked up MicroMachines World Tour and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 on the PS4, for my nephews. The intention is to have some fun multiplayer gaming sessions. Has anyone tried any of the third party PS4 controllers? ÂŁ50 for the official ones is a little steep.

The Hori mini controllers are pretty great for kids, 24 quid on Amazon but if you shop around they can be had for under 20 at times.

Edit: Black ones are 19.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wired-Mini-Gamepad-Kids-PlayStation/dp/B076Q3BNCX?th=1

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Have two weeks off now, going to finish collecting the moons in Mario Odyssey and then see if I can remember where I was and how to play Zelda.

If you're planning to get a Switch you must get Mario, such a good game.

32 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

If you're planning to get a Switch you must get Mario, such a good game.

Just to offer alternative voice - and I really do feel like an outlier here, because everyone else does seem to love it - I didn't really enjoy Mario Odyssey much at all. To me it felt less like an old 3D Mario platformer (64, Galaxy, even Sunshine) and more like a collection of little mini-games that might feel more at home in Mario Party. Admittedly my expectations were high because it had been since Galaxy that I'd gotten to play a big Mario title, but it just wasn't what I was hoping for. For all its traditionally good Mario/Nintendo qualities - graphics, personality, charm - I found it short, bitty and mostly unsatisfying. I have a fair few moons to collect and I'll be surprised if I ever bother.

The sale Nintendo are doing on some Switch games at the moment looks pretty decent. I'm going to take a punt on Octopath Traveler for ÂŁ29.99 and, as terrible as it's supposed to be, ÂŁ4.50 sounds like a pretty no-lose price to try out RBI Baseball 18. I don't have a ton of interest in Mario/Rabbids,but ÂŁ14.99 for a Mario title is low.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, textonly said:

Just to offer alternative voice - and I really do feel like an outlier here, because everyone else does seem to love it - I didn't really enjoy Mario Odyssey much at all. To me it felt less like an old 3D Mario platformer (64, Galaxy, even Sunshine) and more like a collection of little mini-games that might feel more at home in Mario Party. Admittedly my expectations were high because it had been since Galaxy that I'd gotten to play a big Mario title, but it just wasn't what I was hoping for. For all its traditionally good Mario/Nintendo qualities - graphics, personality, charm - I found it short, bitty and mostly unsatisfying. I have a fair few moons to collect and I'll be surprised if I ever bother.

The sale Nintendo are doing on some Switch games at the moment looks pretty decent. I'm going to take a punt on Octopath Traveler for ÂŁ29.99 and, as terrible as it's supposed to be, ÂŁ4.50 sounds like a pretty no-lose price to try out RBI Baseball 18. I don't have a ton of interest in Mario/Rabbids,but ÂŁ14.99 for a Mario title is low.

If you want a game that you can pick up and play, turn your brain off a bit then the Nintendo graphics, personality, charm are perfect. 

Sorry double post.. 

My family got me Red Dead Redemption 2 for Christmas.. I get back from them tonight about 6. How long does it take to Install and does anyone know roughly the size of the download patch that I know it will need to run? My Intetnet isn't the greatest.. Hoping I can at least have a hour on it tonight before bed.. Or am I better off leaving it overnight to install and download the update? 

About 100gb altogether. Plug in that ethernet cable and hope for the best.

I've done two of the divine beasts so far on Zelda. Elephant and Camel. I've got 11 hearts so I'm pretty close to being able to retrieve a certain masterly weapon. It's bloody great how much you can get out of these little tablet consoles. Playing a game like BotW in hand held is proper Back To The Future 2 stuff. Although I don't recommend it be played exclusively in hand held, stupid analogue sticks.