WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Bettencourt said:

Just bought myself a Switch. Going to need a large SD cards aren’t I?

Nah, I've had mine since launch and never ran into a memory issue yet.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Ralphy said:

is that game the kinda game, like fallout and skyrim, where u can put many many hours in just wondering about aimlessly exploring ? I like games like that, i may get it if it is indeed like that 

Definitely. 

Anybody catch the SFV Evo final at the weekend? Absolutely terrific Japan v UK matchup. If you haven't seen it and are interested, I won't spoil it for you but it's a tense 20 minute watch:

• Paid Members

I’m gonna go and play on my Mega Drive all night whilst occasionally glancing at my unplugged SNES, making it jealous about the fact we love it’s sibling more.

James Pond Robo Cod 2 

That’s what I won’t be completing tonight.

9 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I’m gonna go and play on my Mega Drive all night whilst occasionally glancing at my unplugged SNES, making it jealous about the fact we love it’s sibling more.

James Pond Robo Cod 2 

Make sure to collect the items at the start in the correct order... C-H-E-A-T

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Definitely. 

Anybody catch the SFV Evo final at the weekend? Absolutely terrific Japan v UK matchup. If you haven't seen it and are interested, I won't spoil it for you but it's a tense 20 minute watch:

That was fun - cheers for that!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Nah, I've had mine since launch and never ran into a memory issue yet.

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Depends on the game, Skyrim will take over half of your free memory and LA Noire takes nearly all of it.

Thanks guys. Only got MARIO Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 at the moment. Should be fine hopefully. 

I wasn't able to get into Lumines. It looks and sounds amazing and all that, but even after playing for a couple of hours I still can't seem to get the hang of working out which blocks should go where to create chains and all that sort of stuff. I'm fine with just dropping blocks straight down, but it seems like you can only get so far before you really need to start planning ahead for the next few blocks. I'm more than willing to accept I'm just useless at it, but I really do wish I was better!

Here's an unexpected gem that surfaced this week - Megaton Rainfall. It's pretty much the best superhero game I've ever played. It kind of looks a bit ropey, but the gameplay is fantastic. Flying around the planet (and beyond...), using some pretty fun powers to blast all kinds of alien ships, and generally being the ultimate saviour of humanity. It's out on the Switch, Xbox One and PS4 if anyone fancies giving it a try. I'm tempted to get a PSVR just to give the VR version a try...

• Paid Members
On 8/8/2018 at 9:04 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

James Pond Robo Cod 2 

On a similar note, the first game I think I ever played on a console would have been James Pond and the Aquatic Games. Fucking brilliant multi-game button-bashing fun. 

Anyone seen the Doom Eternal announcements? Won't spoil it if you haven't seen it but it looks superb. 

11 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

On a similar note, the first game I think I ever played on a console would have been James Pond and the Aquatic Games. Fucking brilliant multi-game button-bashing fun.

Wonderful graphics, absolutely terrible game. Which is to say, I was absolutely terrible at playing it.

My great-grandchildren will still be having fever dreams about feeding those goddamned fish.

I picked up The Saboteur on PC, it's a super underappreciated GTA clone but based in occupied France. An open world of Nazi killing, fun stuff.

Also, new Doom gameplay! It looks awesome but it also doesn't resemble Doom to me any more, either way I'll be playing it when it comes out.