WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Halflife 2 on PS3. Played it on PC first time but never finished it for some reason. Starting to believe I was at the very, very end as I've been playing a while and still haven't caught up to where I was on the PC.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (DS)

One of the best RPG's on the DS and I am baffled as to why much like SMT: Devil Survivor before it no one picked it up for an EU/UK release.

Trauma Team (Wii)

Another Atlus game that has shown no signs of an EU/UK release, only played about three missions so far but I'm already impressed.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Time Shift on the PC - Bland but need to finish it

Fight Night Round 4 - PS3 - struggled to start with, but getting the hang of it

King of Colesseum II - PS2 - awesome 3d Fire Pro, with a proper understanding on how a match should flow (ie you HAVE to sell)

Thinking of getting Siren Blood Curse on PS3 - anyone have any opinions on it?

I've been thinking about going into town to pick that up today, but I've decided I'm not that bothered. I love the first one but I never got into the level creation side of things and I imagine the platforming side of the sequel is just going to be more of the same. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'd rather save my

I traded the Xbox for a Playstation recently and got to work on simultaneously playing the Resistance series and Killzone 2. The former of which are two of the most boring first person shooters I have ever encountered. Neither game broke any sort of mould but they scored relatively high and all I'm seeing is a bog standard, ugly, overly long downright uninteresting duo of games. The best thing going is a few really cool weapons but I find very little incentive to keep playing. Killzone 2 fared much better with me. I was expecting a similar bog standard shooter albeit much sexier but the jaw dropping graphics themselves seem to do wonders for the gameplay too. The highly atmospheric, somewhat steampunky Helghast shanty town design of the whole thing, just how big and lifelike the Helghast themselves seem compared to other fodder that gets thrown at you in most games and how satisfying it is to shoot them all makes for a highly entertaining FPS package I'll probably never, ever play through again.

Also having a second whirl on Dead Rising 2 and it's really a game that's absoloutely better the second time around. You are already levelled up good and know the areas so you can get right to work on the psycopaths, the story or whatever. Amazingly fun game that builds on the first in every way you would expect a sequel to. I think they missed the boat on a few of the psycopaths though. The intro and death cutscenes follow a formula that gets weary after awhile and a few more pattern based bosses would have been nice. The vast majority of them can be beat easily by mixing a few painkillers, getting your A-Team on in the maintenence rooms, and just whacking the fuck out of them.

I have Dragon Age : Origins lined up next though I have been warned that it is a bit ... boring.

Currently - LittleBigPlanet 2

Are you finding the grappling hook and the momentum-less physics with it really annoying too?

It's not too bad, I just find it hard to momentum swing on top of where I hook to. There's usually stickers up there. Some of the trophies are great. I was worried about the play before 9am trophy :laugh: but I got it when it turned midnight.