Wrestlemania 33 - Citrus Bowl Orlando Fl

donigan316

Hi Fellas/ladies

This is my first post and one I am incredibly excited to write about.

Some will find my enthusiasm over the top and some will understand it. I basically will be going to Mania next year. my first one...to be more precise this is my first trip to the USA in general (or period as they would say).

What makes it more special is my wife, son and daughter will be coming too so right now I am buzzing!

The thing is..I am a total novice. I know some members on here have been a few times and I could only imagine it being as good as one could imagine.

I have no idea what to expect. I have no idea how axxess works, merch prices, other shows in the area and if there is a good community of Brits who visit and "stick together".

I just wanted to know peoples experiences of getting about the cities, best way to book flights and accom etc.

I have checked Google and its there for me to see and prices etc but I would feel more comfortable knowing there have been people in my position who could maybe give me a bit of advice.

Thanks people.

Also...WHO IS GOING TOO!!!?

If anyone wants to go, it's the time to do it. Not that I will be personally. But Orlando's a great city. Really is nothing like it. Plus you've got the excuse of doing a family holiday out there. Can't recommend enough.

I am attending Mania 32 (first Mania) so will know more info when I get back soon.

My advice in the short term is that if your not doing the package than its best to look at accommodation now before prices rise in the coming months, I'm not even sure if I am doing Mania 33 but have booked three different places at good prices that I can cancel for free if I change my mind.

Been to Mania 4 times, but haven't been since 30. I do wish I was going this year for NXT as much as anything else.

Going 100% next year though. Florida is a draw for me whichever city but I might tack in 2 or 3 days in Miami onto the trip.

Meltzer has confirmed that there will be a NXT TakeOver event on the Friday before WrestleMania, the same as they are doing this year.

It will be held at the Amway Center in Orlando.

Me and the SCG crew are all going to 33 - I have been to Orlando for the last two years and it's just an absolutely awesome place, between the parks, I-Drive, the malls, the restaurants, etc. To add Mania to the list of things to do out there is a surefire victory. I'll happily field questions for any first time Orlando travellers because I love the place.

Earlier the better - not so much for flights, but accommodation will really start to rise towards to the end of the Summer. The pitch writes itself - there is honestly so much to do in Orlando that you could be there for a full month and still not do everything. I'm looking at going for two weeks, one of non-wrestling stuff and then Mania week.

Take out the theme parks what else is there?

Tons of shows, about 100 restaurants on International Drive alone, Discovery Cove (where you can swim with dolphins) is absolutely awesome, golf courses, mini-golf courses, Orlando Eye/Waxworks, Gatorland, Art Museums, a ton of shopping centres (Florida Mall is outstanding and the Premium Outlets are good too), there's just so much. Chuck in the sheer volume of awesome theme parks (Universal, Islands of Adventure, Disney's six parks, water parks, SeaWorld, BuschGardens which you can get a shuttle too, etc) and it's a winner.

Honestly, if you've never been to America, this might not be the easiest thing to convey, but just being there in the gorgeous weather with all the options, the great food, pool at the hotel, pubs and clubs of every scene, is pretty great.

With the SCG guys heading out there together, you really should look into a live podcast/show of some kind.

No idea what your listenership is like but you've got the ideal opportunity if you were ever going to do it!

Shotgun being a special guest on the show.

Thanks for the above, it sounds brilliant - will have to start saving now to get the most out of it but for a once in a lifetime trip (which this would probably be) I reckon 2017 is the year. I'm very pleased they didn't do it in Minnesota.

Archived