How do you view AJ Styles in WWE....so far?

LWOLeN

I think AJ is one of the few guys WWE fans would cheer if he was "shoved down their throats" so to speak... though I'm sure there's some mongaloids out there ready to prove me wrong.

As for Reigns I think he's absolutely ace and I cringe every time he gets booed, especially at live events.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an odd one with Reigns as I'd say he's been absolutely badass for well over a year yet 'fans' are still spitting it out, the only recent-ish blip being that dodgy Rusev feud, and then they obviously trolled everybody by having him come out at #30 in the Rumble. Even I was mad at that one. Then retiring Taker, it's obvious the effect that would have

Some blame has to go with the company still, they got him cheered in Philly at the end of 2015, then fucked it by booking him awfully in the next Rumble

Still even as one of those 00s ROH marks, he's absolutely one of my top 5 in the company at the moment, even ahead of AJ and Shinsuke as it stands, which feels ridiculous to say. No idea why others won't get on board other than booing is the "done thing" by 90% of the most vocal audience. We all wanted that heel turn but it hardly matters at this point - he just is what he is. His post-Mania "promo" was legit one of the greatest things I've ever seen. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the problem is, being considered overpushed, or rammed down the crowds throats is really hard to recover from. Even if he thoroughly deserves the push now (and didn't in the past - to play devil's advocate), then all of his victories can be scoffed at by those that want to scoff, or maybe don't watch the product enough to have seen his improvements. If it's thought that him winning/being booked incredibly strongly is a foregone conclusion, then a certain section of the crowd are always going to resent it. I often think him being boo'd is less about him and more about a desire to be suprised. 

Archived