How do you view AJ Styles in WWE....so far?

LWOLeN

Styles is the main reason I watch WWE these days. He's gone from strength to strength since his debut and his recent feud with Reigns has resulted in the best two main roster matches in recent memory. I do worry that WWE will eventually get bored with him and shove him into the mid-card but so far they've done good by him and theres still plenty of fresh match-ups and feuds to look forward to. It's early days but I'm optimistic he'll be a big star for the WWE.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I'm watching every week shocked that he's doing so well and basically allowed to go out there and do what he does best.

Japan did wonders for him. I've followed him for years and it's so good to see that he's turned his style down a little bit and paced things far better. You can see why WWE went for him now rather than any time before.

• Paid Members

Can't argue with what Ian typed. He's truly incredible to watch and is the best worker they've got. He seems to be getting better every week too.

I was planning on sacking WWE again after Mania, but him and Reigns have done brilliant things together the past few weeks. I suppose it's best they don't over do the match, but I wish we got another show or 5 out of it.

Truly can't wait to see them do Cena v Styles in the near future.

Randomly came across Wrestle Kingdom last night. Re-watched Styles vs Nakamura. Exactly still the same look they currently have in WWE.

Probably a very rare thing to wrestle on WrestleKingdom and WrestleMaia in the same year. Storyline-wise he seems to be at a crossroads now.

However, we still got so many killer matches left:

AJ Styles vs Cena

AJ Styles vs Orton (RKO counter for the phenomenal elbow)

AJ Styles vs Rollins

AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe

AJ Styles vs Nakamura

AJ Styles vs Triple H

Hell, even AJ vs Big Show sounds fresh and interesting!

• Paid Members

Good shout, I think they could have an absolute belter. AJ has an ideal style to get the big guy/little guy match dynamic right. Daniel Bryan had some decent matches with Show, I think Styles could follow suit.

Good shout, I think they could have an absolute belter. AJ has an ideal style to get the big guy/little guy match dynamic right. Daniel Bryan had some decent matches with Show, I think Styles could follow suit.

I never thought I'd be excited for a potential Big Show match ever again but dammit now I am.

Once the rosters have changed around enough, and there are enough fresh workhorses. I'll be quite pleased to see Show return, as long as he does something with purpose. And a wicked spotfest or two a la his match with Reigns at Xtreem Roolz 2k15

I've never seen the fascination with Styles, given his initial poor abilities on the mic and  move set that could be pulled off by much of the roster. That said he has really shone through and has raised both his own star power and Reigns through their feud. 

I am now dying to see Styles vs Cena, vs Nakamura, vs Joe, vs Rollins etc.

Head and shoulders above anything else. AJ has an aura to him and carries himself very well. Being the best wrestler in the company doesn't hurt either. He's going to go from strength to strength.

• Paid Members

Styles was always an incredible athlete, who seemed to have good matches all the time going back to 2002. But in the last few years, he's added so much to his work. What a story its been for him. In 2014, he was to old, had no leverage and TNA didnt think he was worth the money they were paying him. And now he's arguably the best wrestler on the planet and he's the go to guy if you want someone to tear the house down. He's the wrestler they've been desperate for since 2014 when Bryan went down with an injury and Punk left. 3 years ago imagine thinking AJ Styles would bypass developmental and be on the main roster under his own name and making more money than he has in his life? Cool story.

was it really TNA's negligence that lead to him leaving them? I thought that he left cos he saw it was a sinking ship, but if that's true that's surely the biggest LOLTNA moment of all time.

• Paid Members

As others have mentioned, there are so many fresh Styles matches out there that have the potential to blow the house down, likewise with Samoa Joe, Nakamura and others. In fact, there are so many matches yet to happen on a big stage in WWE that will interest me, what with the influx of superb talent over the past couple of years.

Joe VS Nakamura, which will presumably happen soon in NXT, could be ridiculous.

There are so many jizz worthy matches they've got at their disposal now, its actually hard to know which one I want the most. Look at this list:

Styles vs Cena

Cena vs Naka

Cena vs Reigns

Joe vs Naka

Naka vs Styles (I'm going to seek out their Wrestle Kingdom match)

Rollins vs Styles

Archived