WWE Roadblock Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

Zayn doesn't have a weakness in his repertoire at all. A great promo, facial expressions, liability and in ring talent. He has it all and he's so easy to get behind. It would be a huge surprise to see him fail on the main roster because it should be so easy to make him a success.

For a wrestler, even by modern standards his upper body looks shit. Needs to be having words with Seth Rollins and Cesaro.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why the fuck was Jack Swagger sent out when Jericho a really decent promo running down Canada. You had Sami Zayn on the same show and I bet he could have had a real good match with Jericho. You could even excuse that having a DQ finish to have Jericho lose but not beat before he (probably) faces Styles one last time at Wrestlemania, which I'd like to see some kind of stipulation added to give it that finality (Submission Match maybe?), and Zayn doesn't have to lose either and gives him a reason to face him again somewhere down the line.

The Jericho and Zayn matches both existed just to give both a win before Mania. In fact, the whole show bar the main event was a clear divide with people that are going to be featured in good spots at Mania going over the currently expendable.or directionless.

The fact "expendable or directionless" includes Sheamus, who was champion as recently as December, tells you a lot about how weak that roster currently is. Can't believe "brand split" is being talked about possibly being on the agenda again.

• Paid Members

Zayn doesn't have a weakness in his repertoire at all. A great promo, facial expressions, liability and in ring talent. He has it all and he's so easy to get behind. It would be a huge surprise to see him fail on the main roster because it should be so easy to make him a success.

For a wrestler, even by modern standards his upper body looks shit. Needs to be having words with Seth Rollins and Cesaro.

The most over guy in the company has an upper body that makes CM Punk look like Don Muraco. It's not that important.

Await someone claiming Daniel Bryan was buff.

• Paid Members

I don't think anyone can seriously doubt Zayns ability, but for a lad that gets a mint reaction, I'm not getting it yet. Again though, I've seen him a few times, but granted I haven't seen his start to end feud in NXT.

In fact I really don't like the fact that I don't get him yet, due to people speaking so highly of him, it feels like I'm missing out.

His music is actually good though and it at least works with his look... bit of a less than Jake type thing going on. Who is the head of music (specifically NXT) these days? They've done a pretty mint job so far. Some fucking beauties. Although Blake and Murphy's doesn't translate in the fucking slightest. Some sci trance/drum n biscuit bollocks, with them pretending to do that drum and bass frog march 'dance', whilst looking like the edge heads... Do one.

The most over guy in the company has an upper body that makes CM Punk look like Don Muraco. It's not that important.

Await someone claiming Daniel Bryan was buff.

To be fair it annoys me about Ambrose too. Vince will never push someone 100% who doesn't fit some semblance of his ideal which means we have to deal with obvious talent bring misused. Just the way it seems to me.

Zayn suffers from another botched main show intro. Anyone who's followed him through NXT knows his story, knows his history and has seen him working his arse off, beating odds, and being a generally top bloke. Instead of putting some packages together showing this and not doing the logical feud with years of storyline in going straight after Owens, they've given him loads of hype as a megastar then had him go toe-to-toe with Cena, which frankly isn't a big deal as EVERYONE was going toe-to-toe with Cena at that point, and struggle against comedy barely-heel Stardust. The poster is right - they've said he's an underdog without pushing him as such.

He's still ace though, his music's boss, and his mic work is up there with Ambrose for authenticity.

• Paid Members

I think they've made the assumption that people will know who he is, where he's come from and what hes done already. Or at least enough of the audience that he'll be okay without too much build up. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen.

I think that's the case with my opinion on him. Saw him a fair few times in NXT, didn't catch a full feud/prog of his, so can't really relate to the large amount of hype at present.

While I've followed him from his ROH days and worried about him losing the mask etc, and I'm pretty amazed he was under a mask so much when he's got such a likeable face and character with good expressions etc.

There definitely needs to be a good balance between allowing a knowledgeable audience to push a talent and still introducing the wrestler to newcomers. I think they've done a pretty good job with AJ Styles in that way.

Although Blake and Murphy's doesn't translate in the fucking slightest. Some sci trance/drum n biscuit bollocks, with them pretending to do that drum and bass frog march 'dance', whilst looking like the edge heads... Do one.

it's called dubstep, granddad. it suits them well

I'm not loving Sami Zayn yet either. The underdog thing can work but Sami Zayn isn't really an underdog. For what seems like a very long time he's been widely considered by most to be somebody who'll do alright and will be well looked after. Being on the small side and having an everyday air about you is fine, but a true underdog is somebody nobody expected to do well. Since he's been on the scene the expectation level has been fairly high, his stock has looked promising but in terms of entertainment value I don't think there's been anything to back up the adulation a section of the audience have for him. I expect him to do ok, I think he'll probably be a success and the only surprise I expect we'll get is if the guy is a complete failure. I hope he's more than just a competent promo, at the moment i've already lost interest and it's barely been a fortnight. 

Archived