WWE Roadblock Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Paid Members

It was an OK show. Got bored and FF'd some of the mid-matches. Nothing was going to change but I think the fact that people were debating what might shows it was a successfully built little bonus show. I said somewhere recently that they're prioritising Network over Raw ratings and this shows it. It would have made a killer episode of Raw if they built it as well as they built this.

Jericho and Heyman promos were fun. I miss this cheap heat shit.

I might be alone in this but I'm bored of Lesnar matches. He's clearly a mega star but the suplex-suplex-suplex stuff is dull. There was one great reversal but otherwise what should have been a great brawl between Lesnar and Harper was a dull spotfest.

Main event was really good but that shit crowd took me out of most of it. Didn't seem interested in what was going on in the ring. There was a cracking comedy spot early on where Ambrose Irish whipped H and then grabbed him by the nose. Crowd were busy chanting "CM Punk".

Agree with Supremo. The one thing this show has done is absolutely KILL Roman dead. He was on life support already.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the dusty finish in the ambrose vs hhh match sets up a rematch on raw (usually the case).

How is Roman going to get a reaction like ambrose got in the space of 3 weeks?

Going off what raw has been like you would think shane vs taker is the main event for the title.

Fun show, all the advertised matches delivered and there were a couple of fun bonus matches to boot. Looks like they are going back to the original plan of Lesnar v Bray leaving Ambrose free to be inserted into the title match. If that's the case then they have to give him the title over Roman, anyone with half a brain can see Ambrose is far and away the more over of the two

Much like Tiger_Rick I am getting a little tired of the Lesnar matches. Sure the suplex spot was good a few years ago but a large number of Lesnar's matches have the same formula - Lesnar dominates, a little fight back, suplex city, a little fight back, F5. I really liked some of the spots in the Kingston match but Lesnar doesn't 'give' enough for my liking and the suplex city thing is a little old IMO. 

I really liked the NXT tag match some great old school psychology. The shoulder block to stop Enzo making the tag was different and I really like the Dash and Dawson combo. Decent old school wrestling bought up to date for the 2010s. 

I skipped the Zayn and Womens matches because I am not interested in Stardust or Natalya. Why do we care about Swagger? I skipped that too. 

Sheamus and Barrett work well and could be a good team longer term. New Day were great as usual 

• Paid Members

Nah, Lesnar squashes are good fun. Particularly against bores like the Wyatt's.

While I really didn't expect Ambrose to win, Cole didn't half do a grand job making sure we knew for certain he was playing loser again with something like "it doesn't matter what happens tonight, Ambrose proved he can beat Triple H" - terrible. The match was good fun with Ambrose holding his own and Triple H looking in top shape. I thought the finish was fairly creative too.

As we all know, the wrong man is in the main event and we'll see/hear as much in a couple of weeks.

Whatever IT is dean has IT....... The guy like so many of the former indy guys has always had something special about em.

What is crazy is in 2016 the guys some of us followed avidly on the uk/usa scene are now on wwe tv each week and that is all that really makes me tune in to the ppv's now because you know even with creative tying them down they can do something of worth.

Dean will hold the belt.....i don't think it will happen soon which is abit shit because i can see the crowd just giving up caring but god i hope im wrong.....

That being said good little special, New day continue to make the child in me giggle and it is just 3 lads having a laugh and a crowd of people so fed up with the cookie cutter shit that wwe has given us for years on end just having a laugh with them.

Rest of the card was ok, if you payed to watch that live you will have gone home happy.....next stop wrestlemania

• Paid Members

Decent show. Decent matches. I skipped Zayn/Stardust because the result was obvious and the combination didnt hold my attention. Watched all the other matches wihich had equally predictable winners and enjoyed most of them. That said, Hunter being the obvious winner of the main event didn't mean it wasn't enjoyable.

Sheamus and Barrett work well and could be a good team longer term.

Barrett's leaving.

Looks like they are going back to the original plan of Lesnar v Bray leaving Ambrose free to be inserted into the title match.

Ummmm...... no? No, it really doesn't. Practically the first thing Michael Cole started talking about when Ambrose got pinned was that Dean now has to fight Lesnar in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania.

Yeah, I'd be amazed if they inserted Ambrose into the title match.

It was cleverly booked main actually in that, one the face of it, it looks a dusty finish but actually HHH beat him clean as a whistle. The waved off pin was justifiable, and the pedigree was clean. So, you leave with people knowing Ambrose CAN beat Triple H, Triple H has still got it AND Dean is tough as fuck and it's not going to be a walk in the park for Lesnar.

The main was the only thing worth watching on the show, really.

Well, that and Jericho's promo. His form since AJ debuted has been great, character wise. I generally fucking hate Jericho these days but he's working wonders in this AJ feud.

• Paid Members

HHH/Ambrose was excellent (aside from Ambrose putting the figure four on the wrong leg). Good to see a main event not have to resort to multiple finisher kick-outs to create drama.

It's a shame that after 'Mania Triple H might sit out for another year or so. There's so many good opportunities for fresh matches like this around for him.

I wonder if they could insert Ambrose into the main event somehow. Maybe they can do a Brock vs Ambrose match early (Raw?) and if Ambrose wins he gets into the main title match, then the Wyatts screw over Lesnar and Ambrose gets thrown in there and Brock faces Wyatt?

I thought (hoped) they might give Nattie a shock home country win to make it 4 way at Wrestlemania and kinda further along Sasha and Charlote with Sasha not beating Charlotte for the title.

Loved the Owen and Bret T-shirt.

They had me on the false 3. The rest of work must have thought I was nuts telling my phone to fuck off.

Archived