WWE Roadblock Spoilers and Predictions

The Clint

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Styles/Owens are having a 30 minute Iron Man match elsewhere whilst this is on. Should have put it on this show TBH.

I'd rather they have the first Styles/Owens match on a proper PPV with a decent build.

Anyone think they might do something to shake up WrestleMania here then?

I love Ambrose so id like to think he might win the belt but i cant see it myself. Timing of this though does make you think they might have gone cold on Reigns again. I dunno - niggly feeling he might win but we'll see.

Cant see much else of note happening - should be a decent crowd though i imagine, being in Toronto n all.

Changing the belt to Ambrose would mean they are admitting they were wrong while fucking long term plans. They've done it before close to Mania but I can't see them going for it this year. I'd love Ambrose to get the win but I don't think it will happen

They've also sent out all their final cuts of promotional material to international broadcasters, featuring Triple H v Roman Reigns, so unless they're actively working their partner companies I reckon it's pretty much settled.

• Paid Members

Anyone think they might do something to shake up WrestleMania here then?

No chance.

Much has been said of the fact "they've changed plans going into a Mania before" with obvious allusions to the Daniel Bryan story at Mania XXX. The difference being, that was changing plans on something that had received about six weeks worth of build in bringing Batista back in cold. With Reigns, they've been preparing to hang their hat on him for years, they're not going to fuck it off now. Even if you want to look at a plan that got changed that had a decent amount of build like Lex Luger's aborted title win after he'd had slamming Yokozuna on the Intrepid and the Call To Action etc, they were able to abandon that because they could rely on the tried and tested, the safe hands of Bret Hart to carry the ball for a while once they decided not to pass it to Luger. They don't have that luxury today. Ambrose gets good reactions, but he's not ready to take the big belt into a Mania main event.

Yep, this show will just advance existing storylines rather than change things massively. Lesnar will cost Ambrose his title match, Roman will probably show up to help Dean. Would be very surprised if they did anything other than keep it simple. Mainly hoping for a good Ambrose showing with some good near falls. I still feel silly for popping for that dusty finish last year vs Rollins.

I'd have Ambrose to win it tonight then lose it on RAW in a screwy finish with Lesnar interference. Gets people interested, builds the Ambrose/Lesnar match and guarantees Ambrose can move into the picture after WrestleMania.

I'd have Ambrose to win it tonight then lose it on RAW in a screwy finish with Lesnar interference. Gets people interested, builds the Ambrose/Lesnar match and guarantees Ambrose can move into the picture after WrestleMania.

Would that not just cut off Ambrose's balls in the same way they did with Reigns' title wins? Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but shouldn't your first title win be a big deal?

Styles/Owens are having a 30 minute Iron Man match elsewhere whilst this is on. Should have put it on this show TBH.

In place of what?

And why, when Styles and Owens are presumably going to be around all year and can have a proper feud, should WWE burn out 30 minutes of them wrestling each other for the cameras without any build? That's what has killed the rest of the midcard.

• Paid Members

Cole sit down interview with Ambrose.

Ambrose. Is. The. Guy.

Fucking hell. It's absolute insanity that they ever decided to do this little mini-feud with Ambrose. It's completely exposed what a shambles the Roman Reigns push truly is. They've got the next big star here and rather than realising it eighteen months ago like everyone else did they chose the wrong guy, gave him the wrong character, and then stuck their finger in their ears and covered their eyes to the obvious facts.

Dean Ambrose is this generation's Stone Cold Steve Austin just as much as Roman Reigns is this generation's Rocky Miavia. Ambrose is the finished article who has all the tools to be your biggest star, whereas Roman clearly has something, you've got to just figure out how to make it work and not rush things. They've done the opposite though. This current creative in 1998 would've genuinely ignored the reaction Rocky Miavia got, booked him to win the World Title as a failing babyface and completely killed any chance he ever had of making it, whilst simultaneously ignoring the gold that Austin was handing them on a plate.

They'd never do it in a million years, but Jesus Christ. Just pull the trigger and admit you fucked up. The longer you drag it out the worse it's going to be. And if they never figure it out then the day is going to come when the chance to make Dean into the man is going to pass them by for good and he's going to be one of the most wasted prospects of all time.

Biased sour grapes ahoy because Ambrose is the most I've been in to anybody in a very long time but it's a shame the Toronto crowd became... well... a Toronto crowd for the main event. Regardless of the glorified house show nature of the event I think it was safe to assume some sort of champion-in-waiting anointing of Dean Ambrose reaction by the crowd tonight would be the take home pay but instead we got a slightly tired, split crowd come bell time. Eventually whipped in to a frenzy by the brilliant false finish and then gently careened into a 2016 WWE style anaesthetising finish where Ambrose lost clean whilst Brock Lesnar was moneyed into the building on the same night. WrestleMania is in a few weeks, isn't it?

Christ. 

It might have been a split crowd at the start, but I think Ambrose got most of them onside by the end. Really enjoyed that match, I think knowing Ambrose couldn't win allowed me to take it in a bit more, though I must say I popped for that false finish. So, the ref can see Dean's foot is under the ropes (from a weird angle), but can't see Hunter's feet are ON the fucking ropes moments later where the camera angle shows it's blatantly obvious and the ref's almost looking straight at it? Alright.

Other points of note: Jericho's promo to get the crowd against him was pretty top drawer, so they book him against the REAL AMERICAN Jack Swagger. In Canada. Does anyone actually fucking think about these matches when they put them together?

Also, I don't think we needed 45 minutes of Stardust-Sami Zayn.

Archived