UFC 197: Jones vs OSP

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm pretty certain they would run it as normal.

Its a title fight in the end and what does say about DJ if they relegate it to a fight night?

They may try to find a new co main though.

They've already pretty much made it clear in the past DJ fights = Very few PPV buys. It's probably more cost effective to stick this one as a Fight Pass show. Keep it numbered to keep things on track maybe?

This injury to Cormier surely has to shed light on the training practices and AKA as all the names other than Rockhold seem to be consistently injured.

As a head coach you need to step back and think what the hell are we doing that could be changed to stop these needless injuries.

• Paid Members

This injury to Cormier surely has to shed light on the training practices and AKA as all the names other than Rockhold seem to be consistently injured.

As a head coach you need to step back and think what the hell are we doing that could be changed to stop these needless injuries.

This is the first fight Cormier has ever pulled out through injury in his entire mma career.

That fights a bit less interesting to me since Cormier beat Rumble up, but still a very worthy replacement.

Even though Johnson and Jones are both über bellends, I'd love to see Johnson punch Jones into next week.

This is the first fight Cormier has ever pulled out through injury in his entire mma career.

My point wasn't a shot against Cormier but against AKA as Cain, khabib and now Cormier have all suffered injury layoffs. Which seems excessive from the same camp. I imagine that there is a lot of silly shit that is done in training rather than the stress/ recovery/ adaptation model that would and should be sensibly imposed by any intelligent strength and conditioning coach.

• Paid Members

You said all other names aside from Rockhold are consistently injured which isn't true at all.

Im not sure of this true, but isn't Nurmagomadov relatively new to aka as well?

I agree regarding Cain, but really the other 2 main guys rarely pull out.

well the 3 guys I named other than Rockhold are the top guys at AKA that I can recall, so although it may have been a sweeping statement; too many guys get injured across all of mma, so close to fights. Mostly due to making poor training choices and tbh I wouldn't be overly suprised that this fell into the same category.

• Paid Members

That's interesting. Probably a mix of him doing his best PR and also him being desperate to finally fight after so long out.

According to Helwani Rumble isn't likely and bizarrely OSP and Rashad Evans are interested. Easy night for Jones if either happen.

Archived