UFC 197: Jones vs OSP

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I go through a  love and meh relationship with Cormier. I love him most of the time, but when you see him behind the scenes in training at AKA, he can often come across as a bit of a tit.

I see MOM's points above, that seeing an elite mixed martial artist like Jones fulfill his potential is fantastic, I just can't get behind a wretched shit like Jones. How the fuck can you get behind a man who's moral compass is so non existent that during his trial he had absolutely zero compassion towards a heavily pregnant woman he hit. He's a fucking coward of epic proportions. 

Even during his interview with Helwani on that walk around Albuquerque he never at any point addressed the potential ramifications of what he actions could have caused. It was all about him and it was fucking sickening to be honest.

The guy is a disgrace of a human, and no matter how much DC stumbles throughout this build up, I will never cheer against him when he faces a shit arse like Jon Jones. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the fuck can you get behind a man who's moral compass is so non existent that during his trial he had absolutely zero compassion towards a heavily pregnant woman he hit. He's a fucking coward of epic proportions. 

Even during his interview with Helwani on that walk around Albuquerque he never at any point addressed the potential ramifications of what he actions could have caused. It was all about him and it was fucking sickening to be honest.

The guy is a disgrace of a human, and no matter how much DC stumbles throughout this build up, I will never cheer against him when he faces a shit arse like Jon Jones. 

You're talking about a company that puts Mike Tyson on a pedestal, where the president wears his clothing range and suchlike. The dude is a convicted rapist and was a proper nasty cunt back in the day.

It's the fight game, there's very little morals involved.

• Paid Members

How the fuck can you get behind a man who's moral compass is so non existent that during his trial he had absolutely zero compassion towards a heavily pregnant woman he hit. He's a fucking coward of epic proportions. 

You're talking about a company that puts Mike Tyson on a pedestal, where the president wears his clothing range and suchlike. The dude is a convicted rapist and was a proper nasty cunt back in the day.

What's the company and their morals got to do with whether I get behind Jones David? 

I dunno. Cormier has shown a granite chin and Jones doesn't have huge power. 

Cormier needs to avoid getting involved in the mind games and stick to what he did in round 2 of their first fight and the fight with Gustaffson. Get on the inside and turn it into a dirty boxing match. He may still lose if he does all that, but he will be giving himself the best chance to win in my opinion. 

What's the company and their morals got to do with whether I get behind Jones David? 

The company and their morals mirror that of a lot of fight fans I'm afraid. The popularity of Jones, Tyson and Mayweather are testimony to such.

• Paid Members

Ah I see, very good point. I assumed you were referencing my stance against Jones rather than the fans of MMA in general.

I have to admit David, I'm surprised, albeit your opinion on DC, that you are willing to get behind a man like Jones in hoping he pummels DC.

I read your comment in that thread regarding the death of Axl rotten, and I genuinely applauded you (at least privately) for shouting out against Rotten about how horrible the guy was for doing drugs on a public baby changing area. 

I thought someone like Jones who has a blatant disregard for human life would fall in the same or similar bracket for you? 

Flawed heroes are commonplace in most sports. There's always going to be double standards at play. Not many are immune from them. Jonny Hendricks is probably an upstanding citizen, but I would never cheer for him. While in the past, I have cheered for the likes of Sonnen - who's hardly a saint.

However, with Jones, I just don't like the guy. His personality grates on me, and his transgressions outside the cage make it a lot easier to dislike him. I'm sure the likes of D.C and Gusty have their flaws, and can easily be perceived as not being likeable. But from my personal perspective, they're homecoming heroes compared to Jones. 

Ah I see, very good point. I assumed you were referencing my stance against Jones rather than the fans of MMA in general.

I have to admit David, I'm surprised, albeit your opinion on DC, that you are willing to get behind a man like Jones in hoping he pummels DC.

I read your comment in that thread regarding the death of Axl rotten, and I genuinely applauded you (at least privately) for shouting out against Rotten about how horrible the guys was for doing drugs on public baby changing area. 

I thought someone like Jones who has a blatant disregard for human life would fall in the same or similar bracket? 

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Jones personally, but the way Cormier is walking around with a belt that he really ought to know is nothing more than a guaranteed title shot against the real champion has irked me a bit.

If Jones faces anyone else I'm firmly against him.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Jones personally, but the way Cormier is walking around with a belt that he really ought to know is nothing more than a guaranteed title shot against the real champion has irked me a bit.

If Jones faces anyone else I'm firmly against him.

Just surprised that Cormier doing that would make you root against him over a disgrace like Jones David? Each to their own I guess.

Jim, you make a good point, but I think where I personally draw the line is when there's a disregard towards human life. I got behind Sonnen in the past, but I wouldn't say he was putting the life of children and the general public at risk. He was just a sleezy cunt at the end of the day.

Jones to me has crossed the line too many times now where it's clear  he has little regard for the safety of anyone. I've mentioned it before, but it's ever since I've had 2 kids that this stuff seems to hit home a bit more now.  

Jones will have a ton of US fans who don't care that he is a div, all that matters to them is he is pound for pound the best in the world. Mayweather is a scumbag and has a ton of fans as does Tyson. If he was English he would probably have an army of fans here.

Theres alot of fight fans out there who just want to say our guy is the best. That don't care how that person acts.

Cormier has not really won himself a huge fanbase either. Plus Jones who many consider the real champ has been missing for awhile so his fans are clamouring to see him back. I can see Jones beating up 'the fake champ' Cormier to cheers by US fans. Sad as he is a dickhead but likely.

• Paid Members

Jones will have a ton of US fans who don't care that he is a div, all that matters to them is he is pound for pound the best in the world. Mayweather is a scumbag and has a ton of fans as does Tyson. If he was English he would probably have an army of fans here.

Theres alot of fight fans out there who just want to say our guy is the best. That don't care how that person acts.

Cormier has not really won himself a huge fanbase either. Plus Jones who many consider the real champ has been missing for awhile so his fans are clamouring to see him back. I can see Jones beating up 'the fake champ' Cormier to cheers by US fans. Sad as he is a dickhead but likely.

Dunno - Tyson Fury still isn't all that popular despite being world champ. And when Lee Murray was still around, people seemed to hate him (with, it turned out, good reason).

Archived