NJPW Greatest Matches

Michael_3165

• Paid Members

Where's the best place to watch njpw cards in the UK?

My question too actually. I watch through Daily Motion but it's not that great

New Japan World. There's plenty of easy to follow guides out there to set it up and the site now has built-in Google Translation which works very well.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I really enjoyed the recent Omega\Tana match too, seen a few people bitch about the shenanigans but I love that stuff once in a while and Kenny made a funny little comment mid match about "smartmarks". The lad's miles better than Balor was and should make a decent leader if they're hanging around as a group, seems they make Gedo a few quid so he's not sacking it off any time soon.

• Paid Members

Much to Merzbow's chagrin, i'll recommend some Kota Ibushi matches seeing as i fell in love with the fella in '09 and he's usually my go-to search option on NJW when i'm after a fix of flippy-dippy underdog fun -

VS. Prince Devitt, BOSJ 2009

VS Low-Ki, King Of Pro Wrestling 2012

VS Low-Ki vs Prince Devitt, WrestleKingdom 2013

VS Shinsuke Nakamura, G1 2013 Day 4

VS Minoru Suzuki, G1 2013 DAY 8

VS Tomohiro Ishii, Back To Yokahama 2014

VS Ricochet, Dominion 2014

VS Nakamura, WrestleKingdom 2015

VS AJ Styles, Invasion Attack 205

VS Hiroshi Tanahashi, G1 2015 Day 1

VS Shibata, G1 2015 Day 7

Is the AJ Styles/Nakamura match from Wrestle Kingdom as good as every cunt says?

Ermmm. I'm always a bit skeptical when the critics get carried away with Wrestle Kingdom matches seemingly overpraising them because we're only 4 days into the year. I would say this is a decent match. Nothing I would watch more than once though. I can certainly think of some better matches that have gone 20-25 minutes on Raw in the last few years. Given whats likely to develop over the next 6 months in WWE I'd say that you should watch because of who's in it. You may or may not see better out of either man depending on how much you liked this match. I dont know if that's a good thing to raise your expectations for the future or if like me, you're now convinced you'll see better. If these two had had the same match on NXT or at Wrestlemania for instance the different surroundings and presentation may have allowed me to enjoy it more. I give it ***3/4 for what that's worth.

• Paid Members

I can certainly think of some better matches that have gone 20-25 minutes on Raw in the last few years.

Unfortunately those matches tend to be matches nobody gives a shit about because there are hardly any stakes or consequences and because those same wrestlers have wrestled each other a hundred times.

Kenny Omega is a fantastic talent. His facial expressions, his moves, his aggression - he is quirky and unique and I personally prefer some of his matches to those of Styles. Omega vs Ryusuke Taguchi at WrestleKingdom 9 was a cracking little match. 

Is the AJ Styles/Nakamura match from Wrestle Kingdom as good as every cunt says?

Ermmm. I'm always a bit skeptical when the critics get carried away with Wrestle Kingdom matches seemingly overpraising them because we're only 4 days into the year. I would say this is a decent match. Nothing I would watch more than once though. I can certainly think of some better matches that have gone 20-25 minutes on Raw in the last few years. Given whats likely to develop over the next 6 months in WWE I'd say that you should watch because of who's in it. You may or may not see better out of either man depending on how much you liked this match. I dont know if that's a good thing to raise your expectations for the future or if like me, you're now convinced you'll see better. If these two had had the same match on NXT or at Wrestlemania for instance the different surroundings and presentation may have allowed me to enjoy it more. I give it ***3/4 for what that's worth.

Tell me the matches on RAW :) I love good wrestling but don't routinely watch RAW because it tests my patience. 

I can certainly think of some better matches that have gone 20-25 minutes on Raw in the last few years.

Unfortunately those matches tend to be matches nobody gives a shit about because there are hardly any stakes or consequences and because those same wrestlers have wrestled each other a hundred times.

Yeah i don't mean Ziggler Vs Owens 14 or whatnot. I was more refering to Cena Vs Cesaro and unless I imagined this happening, Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins had a **** corker a few years back. There are a few others undoubtedly featuring Cesaro that i cant put my finger on at the moment.

Also, you guys might find this link useful; NJPW WORLD - Recommended Viewing - Google Sheets

It's compiled by respected puro journo/twitterer senorLARIATO and includes links to all the essential matches on NJWorld, dating back to 1973.

Just checking and you have to register a credit card for NJPW World. Does anyone know how much it costs and is it a monthly fee?

• Paid Members

Monthly fee, no commitment, like the network. It clocks in at around 9 quid.

New Japan World works out to about £6 a month.

Archived