Who's left? (Raw spoilers)

DavidB6937

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throughout 1998, PowerSlam were still reporting "Michaels is expected back in so-and-so months" and the like. And he had a couple of planned comebacks before the 2002 one, didn't he? And he had a match in 2000. So it must have been either 1999 that people were saying he was retired, or after his 2001 comeback plan went up in flames when he turned up out of his mind and couldn't wrap his head around Jericho dressing up as Doink.

When WCW bit the dust I was worried then that the age of surprise debuts and returns was long gone. 15 years on, and there are still moments when I get genuinely excited when certain music hits. Whether it's WCW holdouts like Sting finally making an appearance, or somebody we thought was out the picture coming back, there will always be somebody showing up as a nice surprise. Just this past month we've had Styles and Shane O Mac popping up, and talent getting a call up from NXT can produce cool moments. As the years go by, there will be different circumstances and what wouldn't be a shock today might be a shock further down the line. 

• Paid Members

If there was ever a time you'd think Shawn and Austin would have been tempted to return it would have been in their home State in that large stadium. I think you can finally rub their names off any match ever again. Austin would be daft to return, really. To get to age 50 and not be in daily agony, he's the luckiest man in the world after the injuries he had. So to risk his long term health is probably the wisest thing he could do.

Funny thing is, Hogan is a massive cripple, but had it not been for the race stuff, they'd have probably got desperate enough to put him in the ring this year. Batista refused, Shawn and Austin arent doing it, Rock cant wrestle, Sting is out. Their options are limited this year.

No, the Jesus show was years after Shawn was back in WWE. I don't think he was even properly doing the Jesus nonsense until 2001 or 2002.

No it was before. However I don't count that first "retirement" due to the circumstances. It was a forced retirement due to a injury. That's fair game to come back from.

Aside from that, credit to him for sticking to his voluntary retirement guns. He wanted to end it on a high, and boy did he.

Edit: I apologise. The one off show at his promotion was before. What was the Christian thing?

Archived