WAW/Bellatrix thread. next weekender 10/11/12 march.

knightmare

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the first episode, and yeah I liked it. You get a lot for 50 minutes. Saraya Knight vs Liberty ***, good match, kept interesting the whole match. Then The Hooligans/ Mr Anderson vs Midas Stable ***1/2 which was a great fun exciting six man, played out how a six man tag should be. I think having the opener a Bellatrix match was good as it showed what they take seriously and they have a whole women's promotion not just some side matches. The six man showed the characters of The Hooligans and showed off their double team moves, put Anderson over and having him over for the next set of taping provides a well known name on tv for 2-3 months. Only had 2 matches but showed off a whole heel stable, a big name, the main tag faces and two women and also the possibility of starting feuds. 

The production was decent, liked the replays and the backstage parts and commentary was decent. The arena itself looks quite good and seems a good setting for the show. 

This did not try and pretend to be something it isn't, it is an indy and does not pretend to be anything else and was a good watch. WCPW I struggled to sit through their first episode and didn't want to sit through the second as it was just WWE/TNA fan fiction. This I will definitely watch the second episode. I suggest others do to. If I lived near by I would go to a 3 show weekend based on the show. 

I have one gripe with the women's match but to say that would give away the result. Grimm, although a fun wrestler needs a new mask, it is a La Parka mask without the hood. 

thanks for write up buddy always nice to get some feedback and ideas to improve the show. in Grimms, defense the gear was thrown together very quickly because of an unfortunate injury  to Jack Jester, hope you keep watching and giving your thoughts buddy.

Don't worry, I'm not knocking his ability and would be happy to see him again. Would probably be suited to The Battlekats and wrestling them.

Didn't realise the second episode was already up. Not as good as the first but entertaining enough. Battlekats vs Essex Boys is a good fast paced TV opener. Works well at getting over the young speedy faces against the dirty old gits. **3/4, had it been 2 mins extra would probably have given more. 

King Kendo vs Scott Fusion was entertaining but far too short, like a very short Sting vs Vader match but still decent. **1/2, again with 2 or 3 mins more I would have given more. 

Sammi Baynz vs Destiny. This match was used pretty much as build for another match and to show Destiny as the powerful heel. *3/4 but the match it leads to sounds more interesting. 

How long is the rest of the series expected to last?

Just finished watching the first episode and really enjoyed it.

It looked professional, the crowd were loud and into everything the wrestlers did. Liberty and Saraya had a great match and the main event was all action,

I look forward to watching Episode 2 tomorrow. 

Hopefully this is just the start of good things for WAW and British wrestling in general on TV.

Just watching episode 2, just on the first march and two things...

Paul Tyrrell - now, there's a name I've not heard in a while! I remember seeing him on Scott Conway's shows in Margate back in 2000.

The Battlekats - I am assuming Ricky Knight Jr is Roy's son? Is PJ Nikki Best's son? I'm assuming they're very young however both look to be very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived