Most deluded / nuttiest pro wrestlers

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STEINER

Genuinely at a loss about the bloke. Apparently happily married with kids but outside the house is an utter nutjob!

Thrashing jobbers

Terrorising Nitro girls

Terrorising back office staff

Threatening everyone, fans, law enforcement, random people

Has since gone on to cover himself in ugly ass tattoos when in his 50.

Fill yer boots, mate,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syp2oRvn2JQ

Not completely on topic but nearly every book I read written by an old timer from the territory days speak about causing riots and having to fight back to the dressing room whilst fans are trying to stab them. Did this stuff every REALLY happen regularly like they claim? Are they exaggerating "fans threw shit into the ring" to "a full scale riot broke out, and I had to start punching fans to get back to the showers"?

• Paid Members

Not completely on topic but nearly every book I read written by an old timer from the territory days speak about causing riots and having to fight back to the dressing room whilst fans are trying to stab them. Did this stuff every REALLY happen regularly like they claim? Are they exaggerating "fans threw shit into the ring" to "a full scale riot broke out, and I had to start punching fans to get back to the showers"?

Yeah, everyone seems to say this. It probably happened in the South more often because they're generally more gullible people, but the severity & frequency has to be exaggerated hugely. How could a wrestler fight off 300 fans on the way backstage who were also trying to stab him? They weren't that tough, FFS. Cornette even claims he had to do it all the time & fight people off with his tennis racket, and he's not even a wrestler.

It's probably the same way all the old wrestlers talk about their angles - they all say that the fans knew it was mostly fake - but their stuff; their stuff was real.

• Paid Members

It's probably the same way all the old wrestlers talk about their angles - they all say that the fans knew it was mostly fake - but their stuff; their stuff was real.

The other one I like is 'if you think me and ______ had good matches, you should've seen our matches that weren't filmed. They were the best matches ever. Everyone agreed. But you'll never see them because they weren't taped'.

Like it's not enough to be complimented on their good matches. They have to one up it and say you missed their best stuff. They were actually even better than you thought but only the crowd of 25 and a half people in a barn in Dicklick, Arkansas saw it.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah it's plausible. But it always smells a bit of ego-driven bullshit to me. Like they just can't stop bigging themselves up that bit more and letting you know that however good you thought they were, you were wrong, they're even better.

• Paid Members

"Our angle got over so huge that not only did we sell out the building, we turned 2000 fans away at the door. On a Wednesday. In a Blizzard"

Roddy Piper was the worst for this. I remember he did an interview somewhere a few years ago (maybe Austin's podcast), and Meltzer picked it apart a few days later on Observer Radio - basically, all Piper's numbers were complete lies by miles. Where he claimed all sell-outs, there were actually none at all, and the program he was talking about drew quite poorly.

• Paid Members

On a similar note: How much of an exaggeration is it when Ric Flair says he wrestled for an hour every night for months at a time like he always claims in interviews?

While it might be a stretch to say 'every night for months', it's likely probably true. They would go and do the same match again and again around each city on the house show loop, usually the World Champion vs. the challenger they were trying to make by him taking the champ to the limit.

• Paid Members

On a similar note: How much of an exaggeration is it when Ric Flair says he wrestled for an hour every night for months at a time like he always claims in interviews?

I'm sure that Flair said he'd wrestled 100,000 matches in one interview. Which means that he would have needed to have wrestled every day since roughly the American War of Independence.

Archived