Most deluded / nuttiest pro wrestlers

Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

Billy Jack Haynes pisses this for me. In a business full of loons, he still stands out. The accusation that Vince McMahon (or Vince 'KILLER' McMahon, as he'd say) was actually Daniel Benoit's real dad and the cause of why Benoit went mental might well be the maddest thing I've ever heard in wrestling. He said loads of weird shit in that shoot interview but that one topped the lot.

BOMBSHELL TONIGHT!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sheik and Backlund must be too easy.

Damien Demento regarding his YouTube rants, also Savage locking his wife in the locker room.

I mean there's fucking loads if you look at specific things, a lot of which is probably down snorting coke for breakfast, roids for lunch and a proper dinner.

To be fair, Vince is fucking crackers.

• Paid Members

I think the most refreshing thing about Daniel Bryan's retirement speech is how real and genuine he came across. In the end I think every wrestler lives in there own little world and some are legit mentally ill. It was refreshing how relatable he was. There's no point in having a wrestling hero, they will reveal their mental illness eventually.

Someone not mentioned so far would be Sid. In his RF shoot he genuinely puts himself up there with Austin and Rock, above them in fact. I think he'd been off tv for years at this point, so it was extra mad to say it. Not that I'd ever disagree with him though, wouldn't fuck with him in a million years. 

• Paid Members

Bret Hart - has to be up there just from the perspective he wouldn't drop a belt (that has a predetermined champion) in his own home country as he believed he was a huge Canadian hero, that it would let everyone down. He bought into his character to an unhealthy degree and ended up bitter for many years about what is essentially a character he was acting as. 

There is no "believed." Bret Hart legitimately was a massive hero in Canada. Michael Landsberg, as a Canadian, had to explain to Vince "I'm Canadian. Bret Hart is a Canadian hero."

Some of Kurt Angle's interviews when he went to TNA were completely delusional, to the point where I was 15 years old and wondering why they'd let him take an interview while smacked off his tits.  At one point he was saying that Impact was beating Smackdown in the ratings while the former was doing 1.0 and Smackdown was above 2.0.  He also suggested bringing Big Show in for an 8 year TNA Title reign.

• Paid Members

Bret Hart - has to be up there just from the perspective he wouldn't drop a belt (that has a predetermined champion) in his own home country as he believed he was a huge Canadian hero, that it would let everyone down. He bought into his character to an unhealthy degree and ended up bitter for many years about what is essentially a character he was acting as.

There is no "believed." Bret Hart legitimately was a massive hero in Canada. Michael Landsberg, as a Canadian, had to explain to Vince "I'm Canadian. Bret Hart is a Canadian hero."

Not only that but Bret Hart wasn't "acting as a character". Being Bret "The Hitman" Hart was his career. Of course he took that seriously. As seriously as Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels took being Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels. That's why they had incredible success because they protected their IP to the nth degree. None of those guys were jobbing that night either, that is absolutely certain. You can name hundreds of other pro-wrestler's who wouldn't have done either. Whether Bret was a "Canadian hero" is completely irrelevant, but answered above. Bret was a money maker in Canada and he wasn't about to throw his drawing card away for a company who didn't want him.

Sheik and Backlund must be too easy.

Damien Demento regarding his YouTube rants, also Savage locking his wife in the locker room.

I mean there's fucking loads if you look at specific things, a lot of which is probably down snorting coke for breakfast, roids for lunch and a proper dinner.

To be fair, Vince is fucking crackers.

Was about to mention Vince myself.

You'd think the older he gets the worse he'll get too. Handing out suspensions for people sneezing in his presence or whatever.

I have a friend who knows absolutely nothing about wrestling. He moved to Calgary last year for work and after a week was sending me questions about Bret. He says people there genuinely want Bret to run for office. We can't relate to anything like that over here as the British mentality seems to be wanting and enjoying people failing. Over there, Bret was and still is, a genuine hero to those people.

• Paid Members

It would be hard for Bret not to think like that. There's footage of him getting swarmed in places like Germany and India when he was at his peak. There's very few people in wrestling that have got those sorts of reactions.

Sid claiming he was at Hogan level because he could get a reaction giving the crowd the crazy eyes is pure fantasy though. But again if you're getting paid millions, you're gonna think you are great at what you do.

• Paid Members

I can't think of a bigger Canadian hero than Bret Hart, especially worldwide. Who else is there? There's some hockey guy, but nobody gives a shot about ice hockey except the few countries that play it. That's not worldwide. 

It depends how you define hero I suppose.

Wayne Gretzky is the greatest Ice Hockey player who ever lived.

Justin Bieber is arguably the biggest pop star of this century anywhere in the world.

Michael J Fox's fundraising for Parkinson's research over many years is fairly heroic.

All Bret did was be successful in a field of entertainment which is viewed as a joke by most people.

I have a friend who knows absolutely nothing about wrestling. He moved to Calgary last year for work and after a week was sending me questions about Bret. He says people there genuinely want Bret to run for office. We can't relate to anything like that over here as the British mentality seems to be wanting and enjoying people failing. Over there, Bret was and still is, a genuine hero to those people.

Could that be just a Calgary thing, due to Stampede Wrestling? Could you get similar responses in Toronto, Vancouver etc?

I'll be honest my knowledge on Stampede is pretty limited, did they ever go to other cities, or were they purely based in and around Alberta?

Someone not mentioned so far would be Sid. In his RF shoot he genuinely puts himself up there with Austin and Rock, above them in fact. I think he'd been off tv for years at this point, so it was extra mad to say it. Not that I'd ever disagree with him though, wouldn't fuck with him in a million years. 

I went to a show when I was in Canada about a decade ago (a show which included very young Kevin Steen and El Generico). Sid was a suprise entrant in a tag rumble sort of thing (I believe his first appearance post leg snappage). Post match he proceeded to cut a half hour promo which turned a rabid crowd who were going nuts for him completely against him. Apparently he'd been smoking crack prior to coming out (according to one of the other wrestlers) and he just rambled on and on (semi coherently) about how amazing he was, how he was blessed by God all sorts of other delusion. Towards the end he was asking God to forgive us for booing him as the crowd "know not what they do"

Archived