daniel bryan retires

Loligan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The timing of this has made me suspicious. I know WWE hasn't exactly been a creative juggernaut lately but is this really the best time to announce the retirement of one of your most popular stars? Surely they could've held it off for a few months? This was already the most underwhelming Wrestlemania ever (at least that I can remember) and this just further detracts from it.

Also, what's the point in announcing on Twitter that he'll be announcing his retirement on Raw? Seems a bit odd really.

Probably to steer the home crowd that will almost definitely be expecting it to be a work/announcement of a Wrestlemania match?

In slightly related news, I just watched the Mark Henry Retirement angle again. Phenomenal.

• Paid Members

Meltzer on the breaking news audio is talking like it's legit, likely due to the tests he's had done recently.

I'm sad that he has to retire, but he got a hell of a lot higher and accomplished a hell of a lot more than I think anyone ever expected. Fair play to him.

Found this:

Observer breaking audio. He had new expansive tests done in NY days before the Rumble, looking at the full brain in detail, every part. Doctors that cleared him pretty clearly didn't, results were really bad, enough that Bryan made the decision himself.

• Paid Members

It's almost fitting that my favourite thing that Bryan ever did, when he turned on the Wyatts in that cage match and got one of the most amazing reactions I'd ever seen, he was concussed at the time. That's probably the last great angle I remember happening on RAW.

Think I might watch that Journey to Wrestlemania documentary they did on him after Mania 30. That was fucking awesome.

Jesus, some of those NetMongs are beyond deluded.

That said, I really think there's a high chance that WWE might be so far out of touch with the audience that tonight, after Bryan makes his emotional retirement speech, they have Roman come out and go, "hey Daniel Bryan you're such a good guy and we all love you so I'll be fighting for you from now on" to a chorus of deafening boos. Then they'll wonder why it didn't work later.

Or have the Authority come down and laugh at Bryan for proving them right that he was a little B+ weed who couldn't hack it at the top level, then Roman Reigns come down to defend his honour and Superman punch Triple H while Bryan does YES taunts.

I reckon it'll be like the Edge retirement, though.

• Paid Members

Or have the Authority come down and laugh at Bryan for proving them right that he was a little B+ weed who couldn't hack it at the top level, then Roman Reigns come down to defend his honour and Superman punch Triple H while Bryan does YES taunts.

I reckon it'll be like the Edge retirement, though.

​THIS would be gold. At least Edge wrestled right up until the retirement, it will be a shame for Bryan in that his last outing in the ring was nothing memorable...times moved on, he's not the hot property he was 2 years ago, going out with a whimper.

I do think he will have some choice words of his own for the authority so he will likely end up being in someone's corner at the big event.

Archived