UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the most infamous photo:

3ffab891d7f64322629416db5d594bd8.jpg?ito

In summary, Wyatt, post-fight brawl involving the Diaz brothers, Giblert Melendez and Jake Shields assaulting Mayhem Miller (who isn't usually an innocent person himself) after Shields' had beaten Dan Henderson. The whole thing was shown live in America on CBS, it arguably set MMA back years in the eyes of the general public.

Also, lets not forget the more recent incident at a WSOF event where the Diaz brothers started fighting in the crowd with Khabib Nurmagomedov, which was instigated by Nate Diaz and fighting continued on into the parking lot.

• Paid Members

No, Nick won't be in his corner as he's suspended, so that's something at least. I think UFC will keep it under control. They're well aware of what could kick off.

Although I'd love to see it.....!

• Paid Members

A Nashville isn't likely to recur, because Conor will be with his team, whereas Mayhem was by himself. 

I'd like Nick to be there, and have Conor cornered by Nelson. Then if it does kick off, you have a ready-made match between Nelson and Diaz.

A Nashville isn't likely to recur, because Conor will be with his team, whereas Mayhem was by himself. 

I'm not sure that Artem, Cathal, his bird and his movement coach would make much difference to be honest...

• Paid Members

I'm not sure that Artem, Cathal, his bird and his movement coach would make much difference to be honest...

Artem and Cathal may not be great fighters, but they don't need to be to prevent Conor being held down and assaulted. Plus, in the case of Nashville, Hendo's team helped break it up, and I don't think they were all fighters, were they?

Also, wouldn't other SBG guys be there too, like Nelson, or does that not happen usually? 

• Paid Members

I agree with the people saying Lawler is probably a step too far and not worth the risk but we're thinking of it in our relatively normal and boring little minds. It doesn't matter if it's a risk not worth taking to us, it's a risk you know McGregor IS going to take. I'm not saying it should happen, I'm just saying it probably is going to happen if McGregor wins tonight. And I'm going to love watching it. Regardless of the result, Lawler vs McGregor is a fight and a half. The size difference makes it more interesting in a fucked up way and it's a built-in excuse if he loses. If McGregor lost to the welterweight champion, it shouldn't harm his standing at lightweight too much IMO. Guess it'd depend on how he lost. If Lawler just murdered him in two minutes, OK yeah, but if McGregor put in a valiant effort and lost on points or something I don't think it'd harm him much at all because everyone knows he's not really supposed to be at 170 anyway.

As for examples of the Diaz's causing trouble - there was that time Nate started getting in some guys face at an expo as well. Wasn't the guy just a comedian or something as well? I don't think he was a fighter anyway.

Oh and before Nick fought Diego Sanchez back in 2005, he tried to get at Diego backstage and lobbed a shoe at Diego and his cornermen.

As for examples of the Diaz's causing trouble - there was that time Nate started getting in some guys face at an expo as well. Wasn't the guy just a comedian or something as well? I don't think he was a fighter anyway.

Mentioned it above, here's the incident. Also, Nick had a hospital brawl with Joe Riggs in 2006. 

• Paid Members

That's it. I remember cringing watching that at the time. It's different if he's doing that to a UFC fighter like a McGregor or Cerrone but it comes off so weak seeing him doing the plastic gangster shit there.

Oh and I bet Nate fails for weed after this fight. You know it makes sense.

1) He seems more chilled out, by Diaz standards anyway.

2) He took the fight on less than two weeks notice. So even if he's stopped smoking, something's probably still in his system.

3) He's getting paid more money than he's ever been paid in his career for this fight. So there's a good chance he's thought 'fuck it' and smoked himself into oblivion throughout the last fortnight. Like Nick after the GSP and Anderson fights, Nate should be able to afford to sit out his suspension with the fat cheque he's getting for this.

4) He's a Diaz.

• Paid Members

For this fight Conor has become the first UFC fighter in history that gets a million dollars in disclosed pay.

20740B5B-5C9A-4494-83B5-6C3473F21644_zps

Another example of the Diaz brothers being the Diaz brothers was with KJ Noons and his dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=DSIUUdFEoBg

I love that shot of them both on the ramp at the end, throwing up middle fingers and gangster hand signs. The Diaz brothers are so awesome. Morons, of course, but that's half the charm.

Has Nate ever failed for weed? Or is it just Nick who can't help himself?

That's it. I remember cringing watching that at the time. It's different if he's doing that to a UFC fighter like a McGregor or Cerrone but it comes off so weak seeing him doing the plastic gangster shit there.

Oh and I bet Nate fails for weed after this fight. You know it makes sense.

1) He seems more chilled out, by Diaz standards anyway.

2) He took the fight on less than two weeks notice. So even if he's stopped smoking, something's probably still in his system.

3) He's getting paid more money than he's ever been paid in his career for this fight. So there's a good chance he's thought 'fuck it' and smoked himself into oblivion throughout the last fortnight. Like Nick after the GSP and Anderson fights, Nate should be able to afford to sit out his suspension with the fat cheque he's getting for this.

4) He's a Diaz.

I thought there was testing now in place to prevent fighters being busted pre-fight rather than post-fight. I remember it being a big deal after Silva/Diaz and people questioning why it wasn't flagged before the fight.

Archived