Shifting the pounds

Stunner

How bad for you is bread, in terms of losing weight?  I hear quite a bit said about it being the one thing to avoid when dieting no matter what plan you're following.  I have 2 x small wholemeal brown bread slices per day and 1 x large white flour tortilla per day.  Couple of folk in work reckon this is too much still?!

Bollocks, as long as you burn more calories than you consume you'll lose weight.

What Danger says. I've been having toasites, sandwiches, paninis all white bread and still shedding weight. Again, aslong as you are burning more calories than whats going into you.  Im eating 1700 a day and dropping roughly a lb a week. Thats great going for me as im looking to drop wight in the long run, not 2 stone by summer etc.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hit my first brick wall, I think... I've been sticking to it (minus last weekend when I was away), but the last few days I've been almost laid up with back pain which makes it hard to move (especially when in bed) plus pain underneath the knee, behind my shins and in my ankles (which have also swollen to buggery). The suggestion via quick Google searches is that I've overworked them after so long living a sedentary lifestyle.

Problem is, I'm now dreading my jogging and I know I need to have a break from it for a few days, but I also know I'll end up out of the loop and it'll be a bastard to get back into from there, so I need to find another method for a few days whilst I give my back and legs a rest.

Any ideas?

Cheers everyone!

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

I'm looking into DDP Yoga, but he makes it very complicated on his site. There's DVD packs, MP3 packs, Combo packs, an App, all sorts. Where would I start?

I'm looking into DDP Yoga, but he makes it very complicated on his site. There's DVD packs, MP3 packs, Combo packs, an App, all sorts. Where would I start?

Same for me. I had no idea what I was supposed to do.

Has anyone done the Boditrax thing? I got referred by my GP to the local leisure facility to get this Boditrax thingy done. It's like weighing yourself but it works out everything, from percentages, BMI, metabolism, all sorts.

It was fascinating stuff; unsurprisingly my body fat percentage is quite high, but my body muscle percentage is actually really quite high as well (about 62%), so I've been told to stick specifically to fat burning exercises, with some resistance training to retain the muscle. That said, I'm also fairly confused on account of the fact that by reading up about healthy muscle percentages, I fell onto one of those bodybuilding forums where they all insist their muscle rate is at 40-50%... so what's going on there?

The worst (but least surprising) element for me was my metabolic rate. Out of 24, my metabolism is rated 1. It literally couldn't be worse.

• Paid Members

With DDP Yoga, is there a minimum term for the App subscription? That's his newest product, so if you can try it just for a month or two that might be the best thing to do, rather than chuck a load of money at the full set of DVDs etc and then find it's not really for you. I haven't used the app, so can't comment on whether it's any good or not though.

After a nasty breakup I've decided I need to shift some weight, been doing the 5/2 diet for a couple of weeks and it's working for me. So five days a week I make sure to come in at under 2000 calories, and the other two I restrict right down to 600 calories. The fast days are pretty hellish, but I'm dropping weight rapidly and not putting it back on. Six pounds in two weeks feels good, and getting comments from people at work.

Archived