Bret Hart has Prostate Cancer

FLips

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add me to the, "He's one of my heroes" list. Here's hoping he gets through this, he's been through a lot in the past and it's obviously taken a toll.

I know he's not dead, and it's premature for tributes. But Bret Hart for me was King of the Ring '93, he ran the show with three very good and different matches. He was star before hand I know, but it was still a star making performance.

I true WTF moment when I read it on WWE.com. Of all people to get such a horrible disease, the Hitman really has been through the shit mill in recent years. I can only echo what others have said that he was my first big hero growing up and I really wish him all the best (there is, was and will be!)

• Paid Members

Bret's wrestling legacy really is something special. Probably more than any other professional wrestler, you see Bret described as a 'hero'. Just look at the responses in this post already.

Whilst many older wrestlers are described as legends or favourites, you don't often find hero attached to them.

Bret was my hero growing up too, and it was really because he was probably the first wrestler that actually felt real to me rather than just almost a comic book character.

He had this incredible way of connecting with his audience but its difficult to put into words just how he really did it.

Here's hoping he fights this thing.

Bret gave us all the feeling that we coud be him, the little guy going against the bad guys and always only just getting the win. He fought, we fought with him, we all fight with him now

It's a terrible shame. I hope that mentally he has it in him for one more fight.

This, while the cancer may be beatable the guy's been through so much horrible health issues beforehand.

You can count me as another that Bret's been a hero to but for me it was more during his anti-american heel run, I was an edgy little twat so thought it was the most babyface thing in the world to be against the almightly USA and saw the Hart Foundation as gods (minus Jim).

Archived