Hive heating

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Someone changed the sign of the one to Hebden Bridge to "Sadblokes", which we found apt and wanted them to keep as we could be seen through the big window looking sullen, smoking rollies and throwing away our 50p E/W betting slips for 5 hours a day.

They didn't, obviously.

• Paid Members

Great post Gus, I hate betting adverts and I fucking detest that Ladbrokes one more than any of them. I went into one about this topic during another thread last year:

Betting adverts. All of the betting adverts. They're all shit and they make me glad I don't bet.

First, you have the LADbrokes advert:

I don't know any of these guys, they're probably nice chaps. But this makes me hate them. The thought that betting brings these lads together and they go go-karting and on the pull, oh the black one always gets a round in! Go away.

Then there's the Coral advert

"ODDS"

Then Betfair:

The bloke sitting there getting all agitated because he night not win his bet? I hoped history would rewrite itself in this fixture and wish Fellaini had a stinker just so this bloke lost everything. Look at him, it's a fucking bet, stop getting so worried. That's a terrible advert for betting, at least with the Ladbrokes one it's all a bit 'oh well, never mind if you don't win' rather than this

Betfred, the one with the band playing Crazy In Love:

WHY IS IT SO LOUD? If I'm watching Sky Sports late in the evening, which is highly likely, this commercial will come on a lot. I have to turn the volume down because the decibels triple from that shitty version of the Beyonce song.

And then you have Victor Chandler, such an ego he appears in his own commercials, with Paul Kaye doing the worst thing he's ever done. Ray Winstone's floating head for Bet365, dropping the same lame Scum references (IT'S ALL ABOUT THE IN-PLAY). Stan and James, acting like divs from Soccer AM.

Just get shot of them all.

Since the above post there have been a load more shit betting commercials. The fat Liverpudlian and that blonde that's always on magazine covers are the worst double act since Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox, they can fuck off.

Part man, part spreadsheet. "Salsa dancing" "That's a great idea!". CTRL, ALT + DEL the cunt.

I'm in a foul mood, and this isn't helping.

Any advert with people breaking out into 'spontanous' dancing ala moneysupermarket.com / thomas cook / most adverts where the brief from the client seems to be 'GO MEGA VIRAL!!!1!!1!.' Anyone with even the most tenious link to the creation of such adverts should be lined up against and wall and be shot. Possibly while a 15 year old pop song plays in the background.

• Paid Members

AND NOW HE/SHE FEELS EPIC... Fuck off.

Any advert where they essentially tell you 'sort your shit out before you die, were crap at this, but we'll give you a free pen'.

Twee adverts do my head in so much. The Godfather part 3 one still makes the missus pull a face of disgust. Any Xmas ad can go here too. JUST SLOW THE SONG AND STRIP THE MUSIC AND GET A SHIT LITTLE GIRLS STYLE VOICE TO CROAK THE LYRICS.... FUCKING BOOM LADS, THAT'S A DAYS WORK DONE, LETS SPIKE SOME DRINKS.

• Moderators

Any advert where they essentially tell you 'sort your shit out before you die, were crap at this, but we'll give you a free pen'.

It's nuts that something like that would possibly be a factor in such a major decision. I can only imagine they're products with a small margin, so all the competitors are pretty evenly priced.

• Paid Members

M.y.a. (Make Yourself Amazing) Plastic Surgery adverts makes me mad and make me burst out laughing too, especially the one they are on the catwalk jiggling their silicone about and talking through their nose. Not a brain-cell between them.

• Paid Members

The worst and most annoying advert I've ever heard has to be from when I was in Australia. It was one of those local adverts, but I could never tell if it was serious or a pisstake. Frank Walker of National Tiles is the advert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=PMC6gcWu2LM

Edited by Nick James