Kids from school

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I went to school with this guy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7352428.stm - can't hyperlink on my phone) who was always a nutter from a young age. He was obsessed with army stuff and always wore camo stuff. He was the cousin of a friend and used to hang around us all the time creeping us out. Haven't heard of him since this news story.

And I was in the same class as Hayley Roberts - the current girlfriend of David Hasselhoff.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There weren't really that many weird people at my school.  I think the best one I can come up with is a lad who lived next door to me who was a bit camp called Guy.  His nickname?  'Gay Guy Barbara'.  Nope, not a clue either.

Although if you had just turned up to our school and seen me after breaking my nose playing football at lunchtime, blood all over my white shirt, you would probably think I was a bit of a psychopath.  Especially as I wore it for the rest of the day.  I also got a detention for drawing a Pikachu on a table.  

Yep, I think I was/am weird and so didn't notice that anyone else was.

I went to school with this guy (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/7352428.stm - can't hyperlink on my phone) who was always a nutter from a young age. He was obsessed with army stuff and always wore camo stuff. He was the cousin of a friend and used to hang around us all the time creeping us out. Haven't heard of him since this news story.

And I was in the same class as Hayley Roberts - the current girlfriend of David Hasselhoff.

The thing that shocked me most about that article was that Faceparty is still going. No wonder alarm bells started ringing.

There was a guy who played football with us at lunch time sometimes, but wasn't that in to football. During the winter months, he'd often get bored and start putting on everyone's coats until he was about 25 layers deep. Then he'd start playing again. It was a great sight to behold, a teenager wearing 25 coats trying to run about. In the summer, playing on the grass, he'd volunteer to go in goal, but after a lull in the action, he'd lie down with his back to the rest of the pitch and chat to someone who wasn't playing. So when the inevitable easy goal came from the opposition, he'd be lambasted, then he'd boot the ball about a hundred yards directly up in the air and then leave.

Another kid, who was eventually expelled, stabbed a classmate repeatedly in the arm with a compass in year 8. He also, on numerous occasions, enjoyed taking a shit in the deep end of public swimming pools.

I don't remember any weird kids from school or any funny nicknames.

I was called gay walker by a couple of people for a short stint (my school bag was like a gym bag but the over shoulder strap broke so i had to carry it like a briefcase) in year 7 i think until they realised my gang connections.

One girl was bullied from year 7 to year 10 (i left that year) because she was real ugly.

People would avoid her and would dare not touch her or go where she had been.

Feel bad thinking about it now but i was the first person to wake up from that crap and one day asked to borrow a rubber and the look on her face will probably stay with me forever.

These sort of threads always cheer me up when im having a shitty day.

My school was extremely up and down in the scence that you would have the prim/proper/posh kids that did everything by the book and didn't want to make waves......Then you had the kids that were a couple of plates short of a full dinner set.

My favourite of all the weirdo's was a lad that used to live on my street he was 2 years below me but unfortunatly we went to the same primary school so i was always around this fucking fruit loop & everyone and i mean everyone used to take the piss out of him and he misconcrude that as everyone fucking loves me.

He once got payed a fiver to bite the head off a pigeon.......he also set fire to a load of bushes on the sea front and instead of running away and never being found out he just stood there watching it burn.

On a slightly related note he had an older sister that used to play out with us every once and a while, we were playing manhunt she was on my team and randomly flashed me her fanny saying the words "do you wanna see me fanny"

I was at the most 11 and she was hairy as fuck and looked like someones mullet had fallen off whilst going down on her.

Its amazing what you remember from your childhood

Ahhh, school threads. It's funny I can imagine every-bodies time at school reading these posts.

We had some characters at our school. I used to hang around with about 10 other lads and we would talk footy, wrestling and other general nonsense. 

We had the 'hard lads' who used to smoke in the corner of the top yard where we used to play football. The countless times the ball would find it's way into the melee of idiots who would take pleasure in not giving it back was plenty. We would advise our more 'braindead' brethren to go over and fish for it back. That mainly meant Ross. Ross was also called upon when the ball went on the school roof. The ball would go on, we would basically grill him until the point when he had no other choice and then the minute he got on we could shout the dinner ladies over and tell them a pupil was up there. We would make sure the ball was recovered of course.

Other weird characters were Gavin who was in the class below, 'The Spastic Class' as we liked to call it. These were the down and outs, people with little or no social skills and had a helper each. Considering I was only in the class above i really shouldn't be taking the piss but hey, we were kids.

Gavin had a massive head, like huge. He looked like the Green Aliens from Toy Story. I'll always remember the day when someone smashed a full sized basketball right off his head and he didn't flinch, nothing, just looked around gormlessly. They call it retard strength apparently.

Philip was another member of the above class. He was an odd ball. One of those people completely unaware of what is going on around him. He would hang around with the girls in the class. He was thin and tall. One day in Year 11 we all saw him with his new shiny shoes. While the majority of kids had mix Wallabees or Rockports, Phillip was a fashionista, a step head, a true icon. His new shoes were Velcro shoes that would flash. They also turned into roller shoes if I remember correctly. The look on our faces when we first saw them was a sight to behold. 

Oliver was a fun one. Another odd ball, another autistic that would venture out of the special class and into ours (again, that says a lot about me haha). Oliver was another tall, skinny and awkward fellow with the voice like this guy off the undateables.

The big issue with Oliver was is hands, his long and gangly fingers mainly. It's what got him the nickname 'Jarvis Cockers Peado Fingers'. That went on for 4 years, every IT lesson which we had double of on Wednesdays. Poor lad.

These sort of threads always cheer me up when im having a shitty day.

My school was extremely up and down in the scence that you would have the prim/proper/posh kids that did everything by the book and didn't want to make waves......Then you had the kids that were a couple of plates short of a full dinner set.

My favourite of all the weirdo's was a lad that used to live on my street he was 2 years below me but unfortunatly we went to the same primary school so i was always around this fucking fruit loop & everyone and i mean everyone used to take the piss out of him and he misconcrude that as everyone fucking loves me.

He once got payed a fiver to bite the head off a pigeon.......he also set fire to a load of bushes on the sea front and instead of running away and never being found out he just stood there watching it burn.

On a slightly related note he had an older sister that used to play out with us every once and a while, we were playing manhunt she was on my team and randomly flashed me her fanny saying the words "do you wanna see me fanny"

I was at the most 11 and she was hairy as fuck and looked like someones mullet had fallen off whilst going down on her.

Its amazing what you remember from your childhood

Makes me think of a scene from this :0767821467.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS500_.jpg

• Paid Members

We didn't have that many total wronguns, not at the levels of habitually dropping logs in the pool and fellating their dog or whatnot. However, we did have Nick Cader, who seemed relatively normal until one of the teachers found a 50 page notebook of the most disgusting drawing of staff and students being killed and having enormous dildos inserted into various orifices etc. It was proper Bret Easton Ellis level stuff. He had to have a bunch of appointments with the school counsellor who apparently asked him "why am I riding the sybian, Nick?" on their first session.

I had a habit of phoning up Nick Cader's Dad during random parts of the day (he was a private plastic surgeon, so had a number in the phone book) and doing nothing apart from playing the theme music to Emmerdale down the line, as he meekly went "hello, hello, who is this?". Like a total helmet, I forgot to block my number and I got a double detention after the police traced the line back to my Mum's house.

• Paid Members

I meant to include this in my earlier post..

Nathan, notorious 'hardest kid in the year' material, proper wrong-un.  Could post endlessly about his exploits but my favourite outburst of his came during a history lesson.

Year 7, History class, topic of discussion, World War 2.

Amidst a talk regarding the warring factions, Nathan casually wanders in, 20 minutes late and stinking of fags. (Year 7), taking his seat at the back in the loudest way imaginable, dropping his bag, dragging his chair etc.

This is what took place in the 60 seconds that followed:

Teacher: "So, with Germany heading up the Axis powers, can anyone tell me the name of the group, consisting of England which opposed them?"

Nathan: *puts hands up*

Teacher: *visibly stunned* ".....Nathan?"

Class: *Turns round in unison, open mouthed waiting in anticipation*

Nathan: "Was it the motherfucking badasses miss?"

Teacher: "Out!"

In hindsight, I don't know what any of us expected! But it was an absolute masterclass in how to spend the least amount of time possible in the classroom.

• Paid Members

One time in a maths class myself & a couple of mates amused ourselves by coming up with a challenge/dare for another friend. We had a whip round in class & got a grand total of about £12 in change (probably about £40 in today’s money, this was 1994). We got under the desks when the teacher left the room with our rulers & chipped off the chewing gum that had been stuck under there over time. We collated it & pressed it together into one giant lump, at the centre was a crystallised Opal Fruit that we also recovered. It was about the size of a golf ball.

To secure his winnings he had to suck the ball until it was soft enough to chew & blow a bubble. Hid did it like a champ but it was so big & hardened that he had to suck it for ages & was dribbling/retching throughout. Juicy Fruit, Spearmint, Hubba Bubba & the surprise treat in the middle. His face will stay with me to the grave.

He’s an undertaker now. He goes to road traffic accident sites & collects the body parts etc so I guess his strong disposition served him well in the long run.

As were sharing stories of the class room and what not.

I always wanted to see if you put some superglue on someones chair will they stick to it or just have a soggy arse........

I made my science teacher cry in front of her year 7 class when she realized she was stuck to the stool.

Also this was at the height of when i was massively into wrestling and it was all i talked about/ had any interest in.

Of course its a new term so you find out what sport you have drawn for pe......We were told we got rugby, There was a lad in my pe class called karl willcock and he was beyond stupid, everyone used to rip the poor lad to shreds and he used to be the only one that would shower after PE and each and every time his clothes would get stolen and he was left too wander the halls upset and chilly..... anyways i digress me and karl got paired up for rugby and got shown how to do rugby tackles...... of course i already thought i knew how to do said tackle with a rhyno esque amount of agression............ I broke 2 of his ribs and was banned from playing any contact sport ever again........Pricks

Archived