WXW 16 carat gold 2016

ryan1888

• Paid Members

I flew from Stanstead, the only thing I remember about the rest of the journey was the fact the Train had two floors and being amazed I could actually get a seat, all because it was that easy to get to.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeze station is easy to get to from the airport, there's regular buses or a taxi would only be a few Euros. The train into Dusseldorf takes about 40 minutes.

I've not been to Oberhausen but have stayed in Dusseldorf and Dortmund and really liked both. Dusseldorf is better for a night out and looks to be closer to Oberhausen.

Looking forward to this...will be my Stag Weekend too and bringing a few fellas who've never been to a Wrestling event before.

Last years 16 Carat and 16 Carat Tag Tournament in Oberhausen were awesome.

Also managed to snag one of the 70 after party tickets that went in 4 minutes too!

Weeze station is easy to get to from the airport, there's regular buses or a taxi would only be a few Euros. The train into Dusseldorf takes about 40 minutes.

I've not been to Oberhausen but have stayed in Dusseldorf and Dortmund and really liked both. Dusseldorf is better for a night out and looks to be closer to Oberhausen.

Can take an age to get from Weeze to Oberhausen if you don't drive...Dusseldorf international is much easier.

The Centro area has a load of bars and restaurants that run along the side of the largest shopping centre in Central Europe.

Does anyone know whether talent (particularly international talent) is always at interval/post show at the Merch tables for signing/pics?

Cheers!

i was wondering this too. theres the fan expo on one of the days which i assume has meet and greet but i wasn't sure if theres merch sales at intervals etc...

• Paid Members

I drove from Birmingham to it a couple of years back.

Great to see some places on the way in Belgium, Netherlands and France but the drive back, doing it in one non stop run, was a killer. By the time I got on the M6 I was nearly dead.

I've been to Mülheim, the next town down, with work a couple of time over the last 6 month and it is a total breeze to get about from the airport.

Any way, are there tickets left for the shows? I've been thinking about taking a trip again, as the year I went, 2014 I think, was good fun.

There are tickets left to all the shows, I can't imagine it will sell out especially as they are running it in a larger hall rather than the Steffy club part of the complex. 

Previous years the after show party has just been included in weekend tickets and you just showed up at the sports bar, I think this year is the first private and ticketed after party so I don't know, but doubt, you would be able to get tickets to it out there which is a shame. 

its not a huge issue to not get into the afterparty but it would still be cool. 

what times do the shows usually start at ? looking at dortmund fixtures it seems that they will most likely be at home with an afternoon kickoff on the saturday of the tournament. 

Here's how the tournament is looking at the moment:

Big Daddy Walter

Tommy End

Zack Sabre Jr.

Daisuke Sekimoto

Mike Bailey

Shane Strickland

"The Avalanche" Robert Dreissker

Angelico

Trevor Lee

Will Ospreay

Sami Callihan

Winner of Michael Dante vs. Kim Ray (Jan 30th Fulda)

Winner of Axel Dieter Jr. vs. Damian O'Connor (Feb 6th Hamburg)

Winner of Da Mack vs. Marty Scurll (Feb 6th Hamburg)

Winner of Mike Schwarz vs. Sasa Keel (Feb 13th Cologne)

Winner of the Road to 16 Carat League (BLOCK A - Marius Al Ani / David Starr / ​Marius Van Beethoven / Tyler Bate and BLOCK B: Bobby Gunns / The Rotation / Timothy Thatcher / Toby Blunt)

Looks like they'll be d​oing the Alternate 4 way dance as part of a pre show at 6pm this year.

In addition to this you​ also get AMBITION 7 on the Saturday afternoon. An 8 man, single elimination, Shoot Style tournament. These are always excellent, unique and very worth your time if you're after a change of pace.

[AMBITION 5 Winner] Tommy End

Sasa Keel

Timothy Thatcher 

Bobby Gunns

Mike Bailey

David Starr 

[AMBITION 4 Winner] Zack Sabre Jr. 

Big Daddy Walter

Superfight: Carnage vs Rico Bushido​

Archived