WXW 16 carat gold 2016

ryan1888

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been - and not likely to, because money & time & passports - but it's a flight to Dusseldorf and a train to Oberhausen. Simpler than getting to a lot of BritWres places!

this is the first year i've really been able to make it and its looking unbelievable

only issue is that flights out of scotland go to the dusseldorf airport 60km from oberhausen. 

• Paid Members

I've never been - and not likely to, because money & time & passports - but it's a flight to Dusseldorf and a train to Oberhausen. Simpler than getting to a lot of BritWres places!

this is the first year i've really been able to make it and its looking unbelievable

only issue is that flights out of scotland go to the dusseldorf airport 60km from oberhausen. 

Dusseldorf is the nearest airport to Oberhausen. If you book soon, you can get a return train ticket for about a tenner!

I am going this year, it will be my 4th 16 Carat & 5th WXW trip.

I can assure you it is well worth the trip. Dusseldorf to Oberhausen is easy on the train and it is easy enough to get around Oberhausen itself on the tram.

looking at the trains it seems as though you can get from weeze airport to oberhausen in about 90 minutes. 

i've wanted to go for years, now i'm able to its just a case of persuading others to go.

what is oberhausen like as a place ? things to see and do outwith wrestling ? any dodgy areas? 

also i remember a few years ago seeing that wxw had other fan events through the tournament. does this happen every year ?

I can assure you it is well worth the trip. Dusseldorf to Oberhausen is easy on the train and it is easy enough to get around Oberhausen itself on the tram.

looking at the trains it seems as though you can get from weeze airport to oberhausen in about 90 minutes. 

Are you sure Weeze has a train? The airport is in the middle of nowhere. You would be much more suited flying into Dusseldorf.

Are you sure Weeze has a train? The airport is in the middle of nowhere. You would be much more suited flying into Dusseldorf.

this was my issue, i couldn't find anyway of getting from weeze. i thought there was a train but i had it wrong. 

i think theres a bus to dusseldorf central station from weeze and assume you can get to oberhausen from there. 

only issue is that weeze is the only airport you can fly to from scotland (dirt cheap too). otherwise we would have to go to manchester to dusseldorf international but i'm starting to think that would be a better idea

this was my issue, i couldn't find anyway of getting from weeze. i thought there was a train but i had it wrong. 

i think theres a bus to dusseldorf central station from weeze and assume you can get to oberhausen from there. 

only issue is that weeze is the only airport you can fly to from scotland (dirt cheap too). otherwise we would have to go to manchester to dusseldorf international but i'm starting to think that would be a better idea

After googling it, you could get a taxi to Weeze train station which is a 10 minute drive. I doubt it would cost that much to get a cab. From Weeze to Oberhausen you are looking at an hour and a half train. No idea on price though.

I have been a passenger in a car that was picking up a friend from Weeze airport and I could not believe how secluded it was. No bus or train in sight.

i'll need to look into what is cheaper going from edinburgh and getting from weeze to oberhausen or getting to manchester from glasgow to go to dusseldorf international to oberhausen. 

have you been to 16 carat before or just dusseldorf ? 

got any info about the overall weekend?

i'll need to look into what is cheaper going from edinburgh and getting from weeze to oberhausen or getting to manchester from glasgow to go to dusseldorf international to oberhausen. 

I've never been, I think Evolution4Life is the expert in that regard. I've been to Germany quite a few times, fantastic country.

The line up looks pretty stellar so far. I'm a big fan of Big Daddy Walter from the times I've seen him over here in the UK.

I've never been, I think Evolution4Life is the expert in that regard. I've been to Germany quite a few times, fantastic country.

The line up looks pretty stellar so far. I'm a big fan of Big Daddy Walter from the times I've seen him over here in the UK.

is there even any other cities you would maybe recommend flying into and spending a few days in that might be easy enough to get to and from oberhausen from ?

Best way to do it is fly to Dusseldorf and get the train to Oberhausen. It's a doddle.

Hotel-wise, stay at NH Hotel, which is round the corner from the train station and about 10 minutes walk up the road from the venue. There's also Hauss Union which is halfway between the venue and NH Hotel but it isn't as nice as NH and wXw put most of the talent in there so it fills up pretty quick. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a dive by any means whatsoever and is the closest to the venue. There's also Tryp but that's a bit further out near Centro.

If you're into metal, hit up Helvete nightclub. You might get lucky and there may be a cool show on as well.

Archived