Alan Rickman dead

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Truly was awful news finding about his death.

A wonderfully talented actor who could seamlessly go from one spectrum as an actor to the other.

Whilst not his most famous role, my favourite performance of his is from Kevin Smith's Dogma. His comic delivery and timing was just perfect and his dead pan performance just cracks me up every time.

A huge loss.

I remember the first time I watched the first Harry Potter film with the wife. There's a line from Maggie Smith along the lines of "thank goodness you're here Professor Snape", but as she said "thank goodness you're here...", I jumped in with "Alan Rickman!" because I didn't know he was in it, so it played out as if she said "thank goodness you're here Alan Rickman" and it's been a little joke between me and my wife ever since in that there is no Professor Snape, only Alan Rickman

• Paid Members

There's a really nice tribute to Rickman from Kevin Smith on the latest episode of the Hollywood Babble-on podcast. Smith seems heart broken. Very sad loss. Dogma is probably my favourite Smith film and Rickman was no small part in it. His dry delivery just cuts me up every time.

The tribute starts at about 00.56.

https://youtu.be/RP_kZBTsS_g

Archived