The 2016 Royal Rumble Surprise Entrant Pool

HarmonicGenerator

This is probably my favourite thread each year.

My first pick will be the same as last year. Once again, I don't see it being Bossman's year. Getting a bad combination of drawing a low number (#4) and being complacent because he's won it every year, he gets eliminated at around the 8th entry mark. The countdown begins, mystery #30 is about to make his entrance.... 5.... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1.... BUZZZZZZZ!

4349885690_099bc58c2b.jpg

Big Bubba Rogers sprints to the ring, throws all the scrubs out in 5 seconds and makes history as being the first man since Big Bossman to win the Royal Rumble.

My second pick:

17_yetti_1.jpg

THE YET-AY!!!! That's right folks, prepare for a bumming because the YET-AY is coming! He enters the ring, bums Tommy Dreamer, then leaves. Michael Cole, complete with 'Owen Hart is dead' voice, sells it as if Dreamer was shot in the face.

My final pick:

Repo-Man.jpg

Repo Man! Does nothing of note in the Rumble itself. After being eliminated, he nicks JBL's hat in a rehash of his 1993 angle with Macho Man.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Heath Slater drawing number one on this week's RAW, he demands that there's one person he wants revenge on. However they constantly ignore him until the Rumble when they enter at number two. Slater doesn't get revenge for RAW 1,000 though and is eliminated instantly by Lita. Then due to the rule that the fellas can't touch the women, Lita goes on to win and claim the title at WrestleMania as Reigns isn't allowed to touch her either.

lita-wwe-bikini.jpg

Number 15 is Damey Damien Sandpaper.

Sandow_crop_north.jpg?w=542&h=361&q=75

In his latest identity crisis Damien Sandow pays homage to the late Roddy Piper. The bagpipes play, his kilt flowing and his Scottish accent slightly better than that of Hot Rod. He makes it to the final three, him and Lita awaiting number 30. When finally, Hot Rod's biggest rival makes his way to the ring.

1401x788-Hulk-Hogan.jpg

Entrant number 30 - Hulk Hogan wearing a "I'm not racist" t-shirt while Virgil and Dennis Rodman carry him on some sort Roman chair thing.

Not techy enough to post pictures but my three picks are:

IRS - for a short comedy bit with Bray and Bo which only a handful of people will actually get;

BARON CORBIN - just because he's been heavily featured in Breaking Ground and this is probably the best shot WWE will ever have of getting him over.

LOUIS VAN GAAL - because he'll be unemployed by then.

• Paid Members

Nunzio,

The little chap was a favourite of mine and would be sure of a luke warm nostalgia pop and smattering of pizza chants before being eliminated.

Hurricane

The super hero was a kid friendly larger than life gimmick, sure to get a lukewarm nostalgia pop before trying to chokeslam bigshow and getting shit canned.

Taka Michinoku

A quick 2000 style elimination following a tepid nostalgia pop and some racist commentary.

The Hurricane and Shark Boy come in one after the other and form the greatest lower midcard tag team that never was, eliminating several people in the process

then New Jack comes out, and seething with jealousy at Shark Boy's new partner (2003 TNA ting), shoots on Hurricane and then stabs him to death.

Cue mild E-C-Dub chants

I know 3's the limit but if I was gonna have a serious punt, I reckon we might see Carlito. That'd be ace.

• Paid Members

Fuck it, Let's go John Morrison for a one-shot. Have we ever had a nostalgia appearance from Funaki? Fuck it, him.

My real pick for surprise entrant, and I do consider him a surprise as a non-regular in-ring wresler, would be Triple H. I half-expect him to enter himself as number 31, and win.

After the Lone Wolf has cleared house in his main roster debut, it's time for another big canine debut:

U7RvUHP.jpg

2016 will definitely be Wolf's year. Unless of course, he's stopped in his tracks by Guile:

ppt0zM8.jpg

Having said all that, there can only be one winner, and my money's on this man:

iAZHmqj.jpg

Step forward, Bob Carolgees. Spit's going to be a difference maker.

On my phone so no pictures.

1st pick. EARTHQUAKE Kane, Big Show Brau Stawman are in the ring, when the rumble-y music hits and this collosus comes and cleans house, proving once and for all who is the baddest tough guy in WWE History.

2nd pick Ronda Rousey. Apropos of nothing and her recent loss in Ufc, Rousey wants to follow up last years tete a tete with Stephanie and Triple H, that she means business and the Royal Rumble would be the perfect place to start that.

3rd Pick. Texano Jr. Seeing as he follows Alberto, everywhere, he may as well pitch up in WWE. Fans remain still unsure as to if paint drying is more interesting than a continuation of this feud.

• Awards Moderator

Fuck it, Let's go John Morrison for a one-shot. Have we ever had a nostalgia appearance from Funaki? Fuck it, him.

My real pick for surprise entrant, and I do consider him a surprise as a non-regular in-ring wresler, would be Triple H. I half-expect him to enter himself as number 31, and win.

Executive decision time, I can't consider Triple H a surprise. He was in the ring taking bumps and being put through the announce table a couple of weeks ago, and I half-expect him to win as well. If he hadn't been on TV since WrestleMania, I might have let you have him, but no such luck I'm afraid!

Damey Damien Sandpaper and Bob Carolgees are my favourite shouts so far.

tn_123kid95.jpg

1-2-3 Kid

Triple H is all about giving his mates nostalgia pops every once in a while and they always come back in old gimmicks, so expect to see Kid running wild for a few minutes, even if the over the top rope rule does completely negate the first part of his name.

d417d1d9f268d6091e17cf32bb70ded0.jpg?ito

Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine

Having always picked him in death pools and then him surviving another year I've now decided to go in a completely different direction and determine that he is due another mid card run. Watch him eliminate Kevin Owens (and show Cena how to give him the Code Red properly in the process) to start their heated feud on the road to Wrestlemania.

jackson_robbie.jpg

Robbie Jackson

True story, many many years ago Margate played a charity match against an EastEnders select side. I remember going as a small lad hoping to see the likes of the Mitchell brothers and Ian Beale in the flesh. Turns out all we got was a load of the sound and lighting guys and Robbie bloody Jackson. Even then he didn't have the decency to play the entire match, he went down after a challenge just before half time and they carted him off on a stretcher and he quickly left while the match was still going on. I'm still pissed off about it now just thinking about it so I just want someone to stiff the shit out of him for a while before dumping him out. We all know he needs the money so he'd be up for it.

• Awards Moderator

Ever one to capitalise on zeitgeist, WWE creative repackages three talents in Star Wars style just in time for the Royal Rumble. First up, an NXT talent gets a reboot...

Finn

KmDxH9q.jpg

Dropping the hard-to-merchandise surname, NXT's champ comes out as reformed stormtrooper Finn. Diving into the ring from a TIE fighter, he wisecracks around but is dumped overboard by Michael Hayes, mistaking him for a black man.

Rey

Who's that jumping out the sky?

j6QOQtN.jpg

Unfortunately WWE can't prise Mysterio out of his Lucha Underground contract, so put Star Wars actor Daisy Ridley under a hood. It worked for Sin Cara, anyway. 

Realising their last year's booking has been a write-off, they hit the reset switch on Roman Reigns, repackaging him as...

Kylo Reigns

DD4WHJN.jpg

I've written a little bit of guff for him, but it's dripping with Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoilers:

He gets to the ring at number 29 and clears house with a petulant huff. At number 30 is...

sika3.jpg

That's right, Daddy's here. Sika shouts "Joe!" from the entrance, climbs into the ring and stares him down. Roman 'spears' him (geddit?) and dumps him over the top rope, and he tumbles down miles and miles to the arena floor...

Reigns wins. The crowd boo, chanting for Luke Skywalker.

Archived