WCW Memories and Matches

Michael_3165

• 1 year later...

Sorry, sorry. I know there was a WCW thread started recently but I don't think this post would've quite fit there.

Starrcade 1997 reviewed on 411mania: https://411mania.com/wrestling/kevins-random-reviews-wcw-starrcade-1997/

This was an absolute shit show. They booked the match completely wrong. Hogan feared Sting, yet they had him dominate. Then, they fucked up a screw job, which was a bad idea in the first place. Sting, the supposed savior of WCW, comes across like a loser and Hogan looks like he got screwed. There are worse matches out there, but this gets to be one of the worst ever due to the sheer importance of the match and how badly it was fumbled

Can't put it much better than that. Can't believe how poor this match was even by Hogan/WCW standards.

What accounted for passable Hogan matches in WCW? Vader at Superbrawl 95 and Flair at Halloween Havoc 94 very good, Savage at Uncensored 98 good. Flair at BATB 94, Flair at Uncensored 99 and Vader at BATB 95 okay.

And that's your lot, really.

He powdered out of the famous Fatal Four Way at Spring Stampede 99 pretty early IIRC.

There’s a segment I’ve tried to find unsuccessfully on WWE network that was the opening to a Nitro.

They were holding a memorial service for all the stars they had put out. Goldberg, Flair, Hogan. I think it was Steiner but not entirely sure.

If anybody could point me in the right direction it’d be great.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, FattHardy said:

There’s a segment I’ve tried to find unsuccessfully on WWE network that was the opening to a Nitro.

They were holding a memorial service for all the stars they had put out. Goldberg, Flair, Hogan. I think it was Steiner but not entirely sure.

If anybody could point me in the right direction it’d be great.

Watched this on the network the other day. I believe it was the January 15th 2001 episode. Fantastic little segment.

Having made my way through WCW 1998, I've moved onto 1999 and in the past one weeks Thunder/Nitro, we had two fantastic promos for very differing reasons

This one from Flair is on a Thunder no less. Him and Hogan have just started a feud and Flair here is fucking golden. 

Then on the following Nitro, we had the infamous Bret 'Dandy' promo that was also pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5o_mszfXps

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, zep81 said:

Having made my way through WCW 1998, I've moved onto 1999 and in the past one weeks Thunder/Nitro, we had two fantastic promos for very differing reasons

This one from Flair is on a Thunder no less. Him and Hogan have just started a feud and Flair here is fucking golden. 

Magic stuff. And those fuckwits turned him heel.

Archived