Arthur B. Funky

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I have heard/ read:

Haku

Barbarian

Bad News Brown/ Allen

Bad News allegedly challenged Andre the Giant to a fight in Japan while travelling, which Andre did not accept. 

Speaking of which, Andre is also always described as a tough guy. Does anyone know where this comes from? He doesnt come across as a guy who could do some damage in a real fight.

That Brawl 4 All didn't do them any favours, instead of making them look tough most of them came out of it looking like chumps.  And as far as the who's who of the legit tough guys go we only have the word of other wrestlers from their shoot interviews as proof. But let's be honest you have to take most of them with a pinch of salt too.

• Paid Members

Perry Saturn on Haku/Meng 

Also my fave Haku quote ever

Jake Roberts
Jake "The Snake" may have said it best during one of his shoot interviews: "If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng is 300 yards away, he's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm going to do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a bitch and have him pissed off at me."

• Paid Members

Why was Harley Race considered so terrifyingly hard? I've never really read or heard much stories about him kicking dicks in the fud.

Freakish strength, supposedly due to double tendons. Ricky Steamboat told a tale in an interview of Harley effortlessly picking him up by his waistband with one hand and slinging him back into the ring.

Generally though, his reputation comes from the likes of the Funks, the Briscos, Flair, Rhodes, etc.. vouching for his toughness. There are stories out there, but they're largely unverified.

Hardcore Holly has to be a legit tough guy... He's worked through some injuries to be fair.

I'd also say Chris Jericho... After hearing a few stories about him and Goldberg scrapping and him getting the better of it, as well as seeing countless videos of him on youtube punching people in the face when they get in his face. Can't top that :)

Hardcore Holly has to be a legit tough guy... He's worked through some injuries to be fair.

I'd also say Chris Jericho... After hearing a few stories about him and Goldberg scrapping and him getting the better of it, as well as seeing countless videos of him on youtube punching people in the face when they get in his face. Can't top that :)

Do you have any links to any of these countless vids of Jericho punching people in the face?

• Paid Members

I know of one video, but that involved him punching a woman.

Goldberg's a big lad, but he's not a fighter which is why Jericho took him down.

Jericho and Holly are both wrestler tough, but they're not outstandingly Meng tough.

• Paid Members

I know of one video, but that involved him punching a woman.

Goldberg's a big lad, but he's not a fighter which is why Jericho took him down.

Jericho and Holly are both wrestler tough, but they're not outstandingly Meng tough.

Jericho has said he didn't beat up Goldberg and the whole incident was embarrassing. Basically Goldberg lunged at Jericho, Jericho grabbed him in a front face lock and just held on for dear life til the locker room pulled them apart.

Archived